YES YES YES !!!!! I have just won my P.I.P tribuneral

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was on DLA high care and motability for 13 years until last October when I applied for PIP.

To cut a long story short, I was awarded standard care and standard mobility and my car was taken away a week before Xmas, which left me housebound.

My mandatory appeal didn't change anything.

In January I went to see citizens advice and they said I had a good chance of winning, but warned me it is a long slog.

At long last my day arrived and boy was I bricking it.... to say the least.

The judge, doctor and the disability lady were so nice and listened to everything I said. The PIP medical woman who came to my home didnt write down half of my problems and stated that I could walk 20 to 50 metres with crutches when I'm actually wheelchair bound !!! When we went back in for the verdict she actually said that i shouldn't have been there in the first place........

I have now been awarded enhanced care and enhanced motability, plus 8 months back pay.

I would advise that if you have to wait for a tribuneral, get as much medical evidence as possible and bide your time and PLEASE, PLEASE don't give up xxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That's brilliant news, how bad is it that they considered you to be able bodied and on crutches when in reality your wheelchair bound, I'm a crutch and wheelchair user and under no circumstances do I think im able bodied, wish i was, but the fact that u pushed and followed through gives others hope that if you perceiver and give them the evidence that is irrefutable then your benefit will be reinstated.

I hope your feeling a bit more chilled now.

• Posted

Brilliant news Damara, 

I'm so pleased for you and your story will hopefully give hope to others.  I wonder if your assessor is still in a job!!smile

• Posted

Yes, it has been one hell of a journey. But if by sha ring my story I can help one person or spur them on, then that's a bonus.

I'm not going to lie, this last 8 months have been so stressful, with them taking my car and slashing my money.....BUT now that's over, I want to help others.

I phoned PIP today, to ask when my back pay will be paid ?? ..... answer = we will pay you within the next 28 days as we are so busy !!!!

I asked the snotty woman why have I got to wait so long to be paid, seeing as they took my money off me pretty darn quick. All she said was "it's the rules"

I said "thank you madam and have a good day" 😉😉😉

• Posted

The reason they take so long is because they have the same chance that we do to appeal the decision. As it's the Tribunal to be able to appeal it they must first ask for the statement of reasons, then they must find an error in law on making the decision. This is very rare but it can happen. They also have the same amount of time to appeal it which is 1 month from the date of the decision.

• Posted

Does this month apply to the motability money as well ?? Because I'm supposed to be ordering my new car next week, but now I don't know whether to or not.

Thanks in adance for your help.

• Posted

Yes i believe it does. You won't be able to order that car until you have confirmation from DWP because it's that letter of entitlement you'll need to place that order. The waiting time is always the worst!

• Posted

You need the award letter, but they should let you provisionally order it. Give them a ring and check. 
    • Posted

No they won't even let you provisionally order it. They wouldn't let me last year when i got awarded Enhanced mobility. I rang a dealer that i wanted to test drive a car from. Told them that i'd just been awarded the Enhanced but was waiting for confirmation, they said to order it they'd need the award letter. The only thing i could have done was test drive the cars. In the end i waited for the letter then went. Great fun being able to test drive those cars. My car is my life and have no idea what i'd do without it now. Hopefully damara you won't have to wait too long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.