Yesterday i have made Knee arthroscopy due to torn meniscus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday i did arthroscopy  operation to repair / remove torn meniscus. The doctor after doing the operation told me that the meniscus was torn from three parts. I have a picture which shows the meniscus. Can someon please describe me these pictures as i don't know what they mean ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlot

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Attached here is the picture,  as i forgot to place in the previous post ...sorry smile
  • Posted

depending upon where and how the tear is the Dr will recommend either surgery or leaving it alone until surgery is absolutely necessary.

Richard

• Posted

I heard yesterday about someone getting a knee repair with stem cells.  That may be an answer.

Richard

• Posted

I have done the arthroscopy yesterday I wondered if anyone could explain me the posted pictures above
  • Posted

Regarding the stem cell, I met someone oh had it done when I was I Florida.  Keep in mind they don't have the same health care plans that Canada and the UK have.  It took two treatments each cost 10,000.  I know this is too new to be done here orally, but perhaps in the bigger centres.  It's definitely not well known here yet.
    • Posted

Our stem cell MD here charges about $1800+ per session of stem cells which now seem to be used mostly for very advanced knee issues. I'm in So. Cal.

He charges $850 per session of PRP which I have not ruled out....

I'm using a new supplement Ligaplex II which helps to restore ligaments and tendons and it's MAIN mineral is Manganese needed for bone integrity.

• Posted

Sorry, I guess I added to the wrong thread.  My apologies.  I should put my glasses on my often.  For me I had a torn menisus and they never repair, or cut it which wax a mistake in my opinion.  I don't know much about them though.  I hope yours heal and doesn't cause you any more pain.
    • Posted

It seems the miniscus is one of those areas that depends on severity and who and where the drs are. My friend ESS playing golf in Hawaii and tore his swinging the club....he was in so much pain they cut the vacation short and the drs in Hawaii had forwarded the tests results to his ortho here in middle america. 2 days after getting home they did surgery and sewed up the tear. My sister in law tore hers shortly before they were to leave on a European river cruise which was already paid for. The Dr injected the leg and by not doing any of the strenuous hikes and climbing, regular icing and low grade pain meds she got through the trip and had it repaired within a few days of her return. With both of these, physical therapy was an intregal part of the healing process. As far as interepting the scans, I would think you would need a radiologist for accuracy. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.