Yet again. A new issue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so.. I had a pretty good two days aside from a mini panic attack, which was still a good one.. I've been eating Greek salads daily, trying to be healthy. I haven't touch pop in 6 months. I used to be able to drink a 2 liter a day, now I touch no drinks except water. No red meat, no alcohol, no drugs or cigarettes.. Water, salads, tuna sandwiches and Turkey sausage and eggs.. I read today that my favorite salad has 1300mg of sodium. Now my body is telling me that's terrible and that I have extremely high sodium (I've always been on the lower side of sodium, and I literally never use salt to add to flavor.. Ever). Is that super bad? Should I stop getting that salad? In my mind I'm now poisoned and I'm feeling dizzy and my heart hurts.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Has a doctor said that your sodium is too high?
    • Posted

No all my blood work is actually always saying it's lower than normal. But in my mind I'm in a danger zone. Does drinking water help flush out all the salt in my body?
    • Posted

If your doctor hasn't said anything, you might not even have high sodium.

can you get your levels checked?

• Posted

The best way to be healthy is to do things in moderation. Eating Greek salads every day won't achieve this goal. You need to vary your diet , include a little of everything as our bodies need proteins cars and good fats along with vitamins minerals etc. Admittedly carbonated drinks , piles of salt sugar and fat are not the best things for is , nor is too much processed food but you can eat well and still live by indulging in restricted items now and again . They say 80 / 20 is a good rule of thumb. Try not to get too hung up on avoiding everything. ...that's not healthy either. A little bit if everything does you good. So balance your diet a bit better and if you feel like a steak and a glass of red wine occasionally, have it. You only live once. Greek salads are not that fantastic.
    • Posted

I meant carbs not cars ...Apologies!
  • Posted

Some people do need to watch their sodium intake.  If it makes you feel bad, don't do it!  Try making your own salads, adding mandarin oranges, blueberries, nuts, avacados, seeds, cold beans (my fav is black beans), perhaps an apple or pear.  With a little balsamic vinegrette, you don't really need salt.  And I am a salt lover!  Pre made anything, even salads, are full of stuff our bodies do not need even tho they taste great.  Just make your salad ( everything but the avocado and apple) ahead of time and throw in your tender stuff in last.  Good food equals good medicine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.