Yet another horrid symptom

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies, I really don't like this flippy heart thing. Woke at 4am, usual thing with me and then the palpitations, heart flipping around for a few seconds but feels horrible, I know it's just another miserable symptom but what do you do to make it stop ? Makes me more anxious along with everything else. Can cope with most things but this is very unsettling, thanks everyone x💜

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lou86,

Yes, this is truly unpleasant experience. I'm haiving this for a while almost 4-5 years on and off. I did all tests they came out fine. But my blood pressure was a bit higher than normal when my heart  feels sick. I do yoga and try to calm down myself. Just in case, have all tests to make sure that everything is fine except hormonal jump. Wish you all the best!

• Posted

Hi thanks for that and sorry you've been suffering too. I think it's one of the most unsettling symptoms and catches me anytime unexpectedly and then goes as quickly as it came. Just really horrible x
    • Posted

Hi Lou

I know it seems really cliche to say but calming your heart rate down really helps. I did a course in mindfulness last year and find it really useful when i start to experience unwanted sensations and anxiety. It teaches you to calm the body by doc using on your breath, acknowledging your senses and feelings and being comfortable with them. It really works!

Hope you find a way to cope

Anita x

• Posted

Hi Anita,

That is a good way to cope. When I feel a panic attack coming on, I try to slow down my breathing and it helps a lot. My heart racing usually leads to the panic attacks. It goes quickly but it's scary when it happens. I have learned to do some deep breathing and talk myself down to keep calm.

• Posted

Hi Anita, thank you for that - yes I have heard a lot about mindfulness and how it helps, I will research it, thank you x
  • Posted

Hi Lou,

I hate it also. I've had tests and was told my heart was fine. I don't have them all the time but when I do its scary and sometimes brings on a panic attack so I understand what you mean. I was given a bets blocker for it in case it gets unbearable. Hope you get relief soon!!

• Posted

Hi Jamie, how awful for you I sympathise as it really is scary. I'm going to look into different breathing techniques as its out of control at certain times and we need to do all we can to help ourselves. Thanks for answering x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.