yet another new heart symptom

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been doing OK, weaning off of the celexa and strangely been feeling less anxious since I started taking less.. Anyways, I was sitting here and all of a sudden I keep getting this weird pain in what feels like deep in my heart. Its not a stabbing. More like a hard flicking. Maybe a little burning. Like someone is poking me with a hot finger lol. Has anyone gotten this? It seems to have went away after 3 or 4 minutes.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

How many heart symptoms do you have, other than this one?

Have you had all the tests done to check your heart? I'm only asking because you headed this discussion Yet Another New Heart Symptom.

Love Tess

• Posted

Since march I get daily chest pains, discomfort, palps, you name it.. I've had a ton of hospital visits, the most recent being three days ago where he said my EKG, blood work, and chest xray were all perfect.
    • Posted

Oh, Lordy. So basically there is nothing wrong physically but you're terrified they've missed something and you're going to die.

Tests for heart problems are very good nowadays - so please try to believe that what you're feeling is all due to anxiety.

I hope you're seeing a therapist to talk through what is causing you to be so terrified. Kep in touch. Love Tess

• Posted

Glad that all your tests came back ok...Try to believe what the doctors tell you!!!!

What you are feeling could be withrawal effects.

How long have you been weaning off Celexa (citalopram), what dose were you on?  I was interested to read that "strangely been feeling less anxious since I started taking less".

I take 10mg Lexapro (escitalopram) and I don't think it does much for my anxiety, sometimes I think it is counter productive. I'm going to ask my psychiatrist if I can cut down..

look after yourself,

take care Sxx

• Posted

I was only on 10mg. I recently found out that I was pregnant (found out three days ago when I went in for chest pains, surprise! Lol) and since then were trying to see if I can actually carry the baby to full term since my other med issues with my other kids.. Anyways, I decided to wean off of celexa due to the horrible risks of the baby.. I was on 10 and for three days I have been on 5, the one day I didn't take one at all. I seriously noticed a decrease in pain and anxiety the next day.. I have hardly had any anxious thoughts except for this one.. I have been having VERY weird dreams tho, not sure if that part is related to pregnancyor meds
    • Posted

Pregnancy. I'm a midwife, by the way, so i can tell you with authority that early pregnancy often causes very weird dreams, all due to big hormonal changes in your body.

Congratulations!!!!!!

I hope you're reducing your celexa with your doctor's blessing and advice, honey. It's really important. Love to you.XXX Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.