Yikes 47 and everything's going pear shaped !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies well after 8mths of reading all the posts I've finally plucked up the courage to join in! Takes a lot to get your head around the many changes the body starts to go through at 47 I'm starting to experience irregular periods, in jan of this year I got this awful burning sensation on my legs arms chest which freaked me out dr tested me for menopause which was in normal range then came the aches and pains tingly hands and feet insomnia had tests for thyroid RA B12 Vit D all normal had nerve tests done at hospital all normal dr suggested Anti depressants I decided to try self help invested in a physiotherapist who taught me realisation breathing techniques which I found really helped I also discovered magnesium bedtime spray. Low and behold I thestarted getting a sore throat dr prescribed omeprazole which didn't help, next was possible post nasal drip tried anti histamines and nasal spray no better, my boobs get sore for 2 weeks around ovulation some months then nothing other months. It's totally crazy feel like I'm losing my mind at times rolleyes

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, loads of problems going into menopause I would suggest you keep on with the breathing that your physiotherapist talked to you about.  Good, that there are some people out there who recognise that breathing helps.  Most health providers just suggest drugs!  Meditation is an absolute help, as when we are stressed we breathe shallowly which does not help, or even hold our breathe!  Try some you tube videos on meditation, there are loads, concentrate on the breathe, breathe out as much as you can and your body will naturally breathe in deeply, it is survival!  Yoga is a really good accessory to meditation, when you do yoga you breathe in adn out as you do the exercises and it is a natural form of meditation as all you are thinking about is the yoga.  It really, really helps with stress.  All the stuff that is happening is confusing and you need some sort of grounding, I found committing myself to doing yoga every day, even if just for 15 minutes helped me and the commitment made me feel better about myself as I was actively doing something, not just a victim.  Recently, I have had a muscle strain and have not been doing yoga so much, it has only just occured to me that that is the reason my hot flushes have suddenly increase, so doing this post has helped me too.  Good luck, hang in there, and help yourself by helping your body to relax.  We hold tension in the muscles which is another reason why yoga is so good.  Have a look at yin yoga, that is a really relaxing form of yoga which involves holding (mostly lying down poses, which makes it easier) for some time and breathing deeply.  This is the most relaxing thing to do before bed.  Have a go, enjoy your journey and breathe!  Lots of love xxx
    • Posted

Yes the breathing excercies definitely make a difference, I'm going to look up yoga classes now thanks for your advice. Great to know there's ladies out there who feel the same Cus you do sometimes feel your alone in this transition neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.