yippee back to work!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all

im so excited the occy doc said yes, lol i can start back to work next week fri 29, BUT i have to go back on a rehab start doing 2 days the first week then 3 days the next then 4 then back to normal, well i say normal im not doing the hours i previously did im cutting them back to 30, i was a little worried when the doc said only 2 shifts the first week , i asked her how am i supposed to manage for income as i have to sign off she explained that on a rehab back to work programme they pay me contract hours, so not so bad, even if i have to wait til apr to get my pay (month in hand) did tell a little whits lie i told her that i was off all meds, well apart from my nightly amatryptaline i am lol , im off swimming at 330 first time back! so im hoping it will be ok.gail

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well done Gail, you have done so well with your recovery. Take it steady and enjoy your swim.

Just remember that although you are back at work you are not totally better - be careful.

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Well done you :D :D :D It's such fantastic news..just remember to take it easy tho, wont you? Also be prepared for some aches and pains on your return and you may feel pretty tired for the first couple of weeks ( as I have), but I'm sure these will be short lived.

Good Luck and take care,

Jules xx :D :D

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Good News smile about getting back to work, don't over do it though. Let us all know how you get on. Hope you enjoyed your Swim.

Best wishes

Angela

• Posted

Hi Gail,

Nice to hear your news xx take it easy xx :wink:

:cheers:

Kind Regards

SES

:bubbly:

• Posted

Hi Gail,

well done on your good news, bet you cant wait:bubbly: ...

Well done once again

:D

Russ x

• Posted

Hi Gail

What great news for you :D :D :D Bet you can't wait to get on with it but as the others say, take it easy, cherish yourself all the way.

Congratulations though, what a great milestone!! :D :D :D

Love

Jude xxx

• Posted

HI there Gail

Hope you are ok, enjoying being back at work xx

Kind Regards

SES

• Posted

hi ses

been back at work 6 wks now and apart from some bad days all seems to be ok, i had my manual handling course this week so done 3 days of heavy hoisting, getting people up from the floor etc and ive noticed that my strengh in my arm is still not back to full capacity i had to use my left arm and hand to push the hoist! lol, but i past the course so back to full double handling work now which i am looking forward to, i still have the odd day/night when im in pain and i do still get the feeling of small cramps in my right arm but im learning to live with it , as im not taking hardly any meds now, but i know i,ll never be as i was. and guess what ive still not had my post op appointment!!!! 4 months on, gone past caring now. i check the site every so often to see how everyones doing and i wish you all well and hope things get better for everyone. best wishes. gail x

• Posted

Hi there Gail

So glad you are coping, well done !!! as long as you don't over do it xx :wink:

Take care, and take it easy x

SES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.