YNOW?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, am havin a bad time of it at mo not seem 2 do anythin 2 pick up, not 4 tryin with this awfull illness. Been with pycotherapist 2day tryin 2 sort out y i been experiencing some things i have been goin on 4 years and terrifying. Nobody has bothered b4 just told it nothin. I talked 2 therapist last week abot wot go on with me 2day she said its linked with trauma PTSD is wot she said things like involved in fatel things death abuse realy bad things. Iwanted 2 tell her i jusdt couldnt. Now i feel i want tell hereverything and wot he did its come 2 life and i dont nohow i can cope untill next week never ever told any1 so ashamed been with me 24 years wot do i do y now?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shadow,

Sorry to here your not well at the moment!

Try writing it down. I've got a file on my pc where i write it all down if it gets to much.

Write it all down and give it to your theripst next time you see them. If your not comfortable with them reading it in front of you ask them to read it another time. It does take alot of pressure off you because i feel you dont have to say things out loud but your still letting someone in.

Take care

The orb fairy

• Posted

Hey Shadow

I don't know if possible but I would try and see if you can get to speak to therapist before next week. even by phone. don't cut yourself off. do you have a cpn or something? even your GP.

Orb is right - I am having to keep a food diary at the moment and although it started just about what I eat I now use it to put how I am feeling down. This way the psychiatrist gets a better way of how I am thinking which I hope will help to get me the right help.

It took me years to be able to talk about things that happened to me - look at it as a way of your body being able to deal with it. the fact that you want to talk about it is good. So try and write things down, you don't have to read it back to yourself but it might make it lasting til next session easier.

take care and hope you a bit better today.

Orb - how you doing as well

girl

• Posted

Thanku guys, i have files of wot i call my idiot notes been doin it 4 years and do take notes 2 my therapist but if am honest not enough its a visious circle 1 day i want spil everything others terrified of sayin anyting hating it so messed up everyting fallin round me just existin back on diet of red bull laxatives jack daniels and yogurt. I dont no wich way 2 turn 4 extra support i dont like botherin people. Am so greatfull 2 u guys here 4 takin the time 2 read and reply.
  • Posted

Hi Shadow,

Why wouldnt we take the time to reply? Of course you mean something to us or else we wouldnt have replied in the first place. smile

Dont call them your idiot files, call it a story! Write it all down start to finish, dont read back or try to edit it and ask someone to read it (it can be your theripist or someone else)

Even if you dont want anyone to see it keep it somewhere safe and close at hand!

It took me 7 years to admit what happened to me, to say it out loud! and the peace that came after it was not what i expected. I thought i would drown in the words that i spoke! But it was sheer relief!!

Take care

The orb fairy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.