Yoga

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good morning,

I am 10 months post op. My surgeon said that I can return to Yoga after a full year. Has anyone returned to Yoga prior to a year? I really long for those Yoga stretches.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I started doing yoga at 7 months post op. I started training Jiu Jitsu again at 8.5 months. I modify a couple things but overall feel good.

• Posted

Hi Cristina,

I went back to Pilates after six months, we do a lot of stretching, balancing on one leg etc., It has helped me enormously especially with my back.

• Posted

I did a 6 week Pilates class run by the physio dept at the hospital from 6 weeks post op. It was one hour per week. I also was back at the gym from week 5, three times a week for 30 mins, followed by 30 mins walking and exercising in the pool. I returned to normal Pilates classes at the gym from week 13 post op. Yoga I waited a bit longer for. It was about 5 months post op and took it very steady. I'm now 14 months post op and do Pilates and aqua fit 4 times a week and yoga once a week. It's important to follow your doctors advice though and when you do start again be very careful

All the best

Ann

• Posted

Don't push it too fast ... remember

• Posted

Thank you. I Think that is what my problem is. I was a runner and was running several miles daily. Now I walk and get frustrated. Hubby keeps reminded me to pace myself and not over do it. But, I am definately following doctor's orders.

• Posted

It's the opposite for me - I was never a sporty person, but this year for the first time ever I joined a gym. I saw benefits in weight loss and muscle strength following my THR 3 years ago. I also purchased a bicycle, and used that a lot.

When my ceramic shattered (it was put in wrongly), my leg strength was all that was holding my leg together. Having had another revision in July, I was released to go back to the gym and 'restricted golf' at 10 weeks !

I'll never be a runner, but physical exercise is now part of my weekly regime, and I really enjoy it.

Good luck, have a great Christmas and 2019

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.