Yoga and CFS help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was diagnosed with CFS a few months ago and was refered to a chronic fatigue clinic where im currently waiting for an appointment.

Three years ago i had a thyroid that was too high and i took suppressant to bring it down. It whent too low and over time came back up again to a normal range. Thuroid issue whent on for a year and a half and i was very nasious and remained nasious for the next year.

My energy levels never really returned and i remained faigued and had brain fog and struggled through simple tasks and studying.

Ive taken up yoga when i have the energy and has found it help a bit, especially with any pain. It can help a bit with energy or atleast feeling better becasue ive moved, it also lessens anxiety. Walking and yoga are just about all i can do at the moment.

I wanted to ask if there was anythjng you have found that helps your Chronic fatigue or anything your doctors told you to do? Also interested in if your have tried yoga and has it helped?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you by chance been tested for celiac disease as well? Or have you tried eating a whole food, strict gluten free diet to see if it helps. 

It was suggested to me years ago that i had cfs, but it ended up being CD. They are very much alike but docs don't think to test for it.  I tired yoga, walking, biking, everything I did made me MORE tired. I am still not a ball of fire, but I am doing much better (it take 5 years for complete healing in older folks).  

• Posted

My friend and her daughter thought they had ME but it turned out to be CD. They're better now through the low carb high fat diet.

• Posted

It is pretty amazing how we humans do not know what to eat anymore, the processed food industy is poisoning us and the citizens blindy accept it.  
    • Posted

I dont think ive been tested but i tired a gluten free diet for a few months while i had thyroid issues and felt a little bit better, less nausia
    • Posted

More and more people are not accepting it thankfully. The more people demand healthy, unadulterated foods the more will become available and not at extortionate prices like they are now!
  • Posted

I've just started doing yoga again and it definitely helps me. I do a combination of exercises I learnt at a remedial yoga class and ones out a book. You can get the same effects of some yoga poses by doing them in an easier way. For example instead of the downward dog, you can bend forward and hold onto the back of a chair and get a similar bend. Same with the triangle you can do this seated instead of standing. I like the seated forward stretch and butterfly which are done sitting on the floor. Spinal twists are good for revitalizing your adrenal glands. There is also a good one called pot stirring where you sit on the ground with legs apart, clasp your hands together, lean forward and move your hands in a big circle as if you were stirring a huge pot of soup. Try some breathing exercises and make sure you do the yoga nidra at the end the relax. Have also just started trying a bit Qi Gong. There is a great 'energy ball' movement you can do where you get a tingling in your fingers and feel like your hands have a magnetic force between them. Walking helps too. Just don't overdo it with anything - little steps at a time!!!

• Posted

hi.

​when you get to see someone, they should talk about mindnessless.

​at first i was like yea ok! but you know it works! so research it.

​i find qigong very helpful it part of tai chi.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.