yorkshire pudding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Will I be ok with Yorkshire puddings if I make them with skimmed milk and use fry light to stop them sticking to the tray? 

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Not too sure about that, but wouldn't you need gravy to eat with them? Gravy is packed with fat. I use beef drippings to make my Yorkshire puds and I do not know whether drippings or even corn oil are essential to the rising process. I await the responses of others with interest.
    • Posted

I literally use flour milk and eggs for my puddings. I only use oil to stop them sticking and tonight I used fry light.  I also only used bisto gravy. Im not a pro and dont make it from scratch.  

thank you for replying! I will let you all know over the next 48 hours if I get any effects from it! 

• Posted

Id be using same ingredients if I was to make them. I also used oxo stock cubes with a little cornflour to make my gravy as I found that gravy granules broke the 5g rule and after been so shot down after asking about the 5g rule im too scared to break it rolleyes fingers crossed yoy don't get an nasty affects xx 
  • Posted

Interesting. I don't use eggs as they contain fat do they not? But I am no chef, and here in Canada one can buy frozen mini Yorkees which I used to buy back in the day. Now I don't even eat English style roast beef. 
  • Posted

Hi sam, just looking on the back of the bisto chicen gravy granules and its 16.0g per 100g very confusing because on the side it sayss low fat, low sugar and for a 50ml portion ie liquid portion what 2 tablespoons perhaps its 0.5g so if you just have a couple of tablespoons and not an overload of lovely gravy - plus your yorkshires etc and it is okay when you tot up your allowance you may just pull through by the skin of your teeth or otherwise have a bit of the other smile  I had a roast pork this week cut off all signs of fat on the pork with no yorkshire puddings, no gravy, no butter in my turnips and carrots with 3 little and I mean little roast particles of potato with no adverse reaction, thank heavens smile
    • Posted

Now im hungry lol I had a sunday dinner last weekend,  chicken fillet, mash, veg and gravy made with the stock cube wgich stayed within "the rules" and although it was yummy I would of loved just 1 yorkie lol
  • Posted

We'll see what today brings lol. 

Hopefully I will be ok. I love my dinners :-( 

• Posted

Not much really. So for me they didn't give much of a side effect.

bit of wind but the tablets do that to me anyway lol. 

I'm pleased.  But I have bought frozen ones for this week as they are lower in calories anyway. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.