You apparently don’t have a lot of knowledge about the new press fit Stryker triathlon joint.

Posted , 7 users are following.

It is a permanent Fixation and the plastic is replaceable!  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kenny,

Im not sure who this post was in reply to.  I’ve had both knees replaced and don’t really know, with what 🙄.  I’m guessing, because your a guy that likes to keep fit etc, your replacement was done privately, to suit you.  The Stryker Triathlon Joint sounds amazing,  To enable to get you back to running etc, eventually.  When I had my done, I asked the Surgeon if I could at least kneel again in time and he answered with “probably not”😫.  So for yours to say you will be running again, makes me think, I probably have basic, new knees and not to expect too much from them lol.  It’s been years since I was able to kneel comfortably, if at all.  I have tried it once since my op, over 2 yrs ago.  The searing pain, that felt like all my scars were popping open, made me not try again🙁

I really hope your Surgeon is correct and you get to run again.  Never say never hey?  People can only advise you, on what they’ve experienced or read somewhere.  There are always exceptions to the rule.  Good luck and best wishes.

Sue xx

• Posted

The press fit joint was tried about 15 years ago, they were not getting a good Fixation with it, so most surgeons have used the cemented Fixation joint for the last decade. As technology has advanced, they have found a titanium porous material that bones are successfully attaching too. I’m very fortunate to have a surgeon that gave me this choice. As with any procedure there is no guarantee of success. This knee material has been being used for the last 3-4 years by progressive surgeons and the success rate has been very high! The great thing about this joint is they can replace the plastic pieces if they wear out! The key is to get a permanent Fixation of the joint to the bones. The reason they limit you to certain activities with the cemented in joint, is the increased chance of breaking the joint loose from the joint. 
    • Posted

Who makes your press fit joint? I have a press fit cementless TKR because I am allergic to the bone cement.
    • Posted

Don’t pay attention to the nay sayers! My surgeon consulted with several leading orthopedics across the nation. The success ratio with the Press Fit Titanium Stryker is good! There will always be failures for one reason or the other. This is the joint for today’s active people! There is another is a new generation press fit joint in trials now that the FDA will probably release next year. 
  • Posted

I will look it up......just did, it's new, and there have been failures already.......

Do you have it?

Robert

• Posted

There are failures with everything. This is the joint of the future!! If you have strong healthy bones and you want to remain active this is the joint of choice. 
  • Posted

Are you a Stryker rep?
    • Posted

I believe this is the joint i received nov 29, 2017.  Did not know all about it - my surgeon helped develop it- I know it is the Stryker Tri- hope it lives up to the hype- not quite 4 months post op but I am doing well.  I will not be running but hope to be active and healthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.