You really are alone

Posted , 9 users are following.

I think when you have problems with your head you are truly alone. Last time I posted on this site I got a reply from Patient saying "you are not alone", they then told me to see my GP or call the Samaritans. I know why. It is part of the "duty of care" that Drs talk about. I once told a Dr that her duty of care was just words, she was offended although I was not being rude. I just mean that if I am found at the bottom of a multi story car park she can say that she passed me on or gave me advise, just like Patient did. It is a duty of care ok, but not to me. I am so unwell, it is getting worse, my wife tells me that the things I think are happening have not. I can not get help from CMHRS because I have an ASD diagnosis so I am on my own. Every time I try and get help something goes against me. I even had a Hospital get me investigated by the Army once, I knew what had happened because of something they did to my phone that I noticed so I have to wipe it, put loads of anti malware apps on it and get a new SIM. But I have nothing to hide so why they want to do this I do not know. I did something really bad to myself once and the A&E would not let me leave until a Psychiatric nurse saw me. The funny thing is at the end he summarised what had happened to me and it was so weird because he described it in such clarity, better than I even understood it myself and I got really scared because I did not think he was going to let me go but when he said will you do this again I did not say I would, and with that I actually managed to walk out. But looking back I am not sure this was a good thing. 25 years ago I was treated on the ward and they really helped me but this is not something they seem to b willing to do anymore. I do not know what to do because I just can not go back again. I am not sure it is right for me to do something else bad to myself at the moment. Why does this happen? it is like all the campaigns for mental health are just for show, it is how people get votes for things they want. I can not see any evidence that it really helps people.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Scooby

I was taken into Hospital because of my illness and Suicidal attempt. The pathway they took with you was the same as they did to me. Next Morning I went home and saw my GP and in the afternoon a Crisis Team was sent out at request of hospital and GP. It was then they would have referred me. I was then issued a CPN and given a treatment pathway too follow.

I took ill last year and they arranged a further treatment plan that ran for five weeks five weeks. The questions they always ask are. Would you consider putting yourself at risk they always ask the same question every meeting and it begins to get that beaten across your ears feeling, they do not really  accept our word and Partners are given the  Crisis Team to call if  I become a worry to myself or others, the latter would not happen,

Regards the Army, were you in the Forces ?.

BOB

• Posted

Wow you have been given so much !! this is so upsetting to see, why can I not have this too ?
    • Posted

Scooby

That is the basic pathway they generally follow if you have threatened to either take your life or if you have problems with memory. The five weeks  was to check for Dementia. I was lucky in a way the problem I had was to do with short term memory, where my wife has become my carer. When I get up some days I cannot remember what day it is, I always revert to a Saturday. I have no idea why this happens. The tests they do are quite intensive and they can tell from your answers and scans what is going on in your head.. When I was at work I was a slow learner and eventually I was retired out.

My life has changed and now I have problems remembering what I have read or written next day, I revert back to yesterday and then look for clues on what I have done, I have books full of places where we have been and I look at them daily to jog my memory.

Generally speaking been given treatment like above is frightening and would not recommended to anybody, only if they have a something that is marked alarming. I do suffer Anxiety and depression quite badly however I need to move on if possible and work with what I have going for me.

Even my bungalow has been adapted for me and that is very expensive

BOB

• Posted

Scooby,...I've been a involuntary patient from the hospital for 16yrs off and on. I reported a theft from my truck and they locked me up and put me on strong injectable medication. I can't say or do anything for fear of being locked in the mental ward. I rent a beautiful house live on my own and 100% independent. I even got my motorcycle licence not long ago. So much for freedom or freedom of speech in Canada. Every move I make is monitored and I'm a decent citizen. I feel like I'm in jail.I had 5,000$ damage to my truck and harassed at my last residence at they didn't belief a word I said even though I had evidence, the police didn't want to see it. Locked

up again for another month, more harsh medication that just made me sick,They said I was delirious even though I had witnesses to prove it. Anyone does anything to me or my vehicle or property I can't call the police.

• Posted

I actually agree with you on this Scooby.

Last summer, I made a serious attempt on my life went to hospital. I was released the next day even though I told them I could not guarantee I would not hurt myself again. I was told I would be referred to the community mental healthbteam urgent but hadn't heard anything after a few weeks so went to my gp...

I told her how I was feeling and was incredibly honest with her regarding my intentions ( I arranged guardianship of my child.. wrote letters and my will etc).. She said to me "you've put me in a tricky position coming in here and telling me this.. I don't know what I can do" I was speechless. I had plucked up the courage to go in and bear my soul to this doctor and she made me feel guilty and stupid for going in.

Anyway in the end after chasing the mental health team myself I finally got an appointment. The cpn ended up not being much help anyway.

So I get where you are coming from with the duty to care thing. It's more like passing you on or giving you numbers so they can document it in black and white, say.they have given you appropriate help and essentially cover their own as**s.

• Posted

Hi I took a bad overdose a few years ago and ended up in hospital.  The paramedics were great and told me I would get help as I kept apologising for being a nuisance.  At the hospital I was stuck in a chair in full view of everyone for several hours then finally got a bed for the night.  The next morning I was visited by a psychiatrist and was discharged and promised a call from the local mental health team.  I was given a very brief call and that was it.  No more help.

I went back to my GP and told her I was still suicidal and she asked if I had a plan.  I said no but that I usually don't and tend to do it on the spur of the moment.  She lost interest then and told me to refer myself for NHS counselling.  I then had 2 assessments with the mental health team and they turned me down for it.  I had told them I was suicidal etc. but they didn't want to know.  

I had had medical help way back in the 70's which just made me worse.  After that I decided I was on my own to sink or swim and it really doesn't matter to anyone least of all me if I do take my life.  I thought I would try and get help many years later as I told you above as I am struggling.  After my experiences I know I am alone with it again.  No one,  especially the system, cares.  Life is cheap.  x

• Posted

Hi all,

I took a ovedose X8 years ago and died but a off duty doctor did CPR on me and saved my life. I was in a coma for 

X3 weeks after and very angry he didn't let me die. I still have mixed feelings at times about it. Since then I've gotten close to my father and become a christian so suicide would not have been an option. I've had a very rough time since then and wondered if it's been worth all the trials and tribulations. You only have one shot at life so you need to make the best of it. Seems very unfair at times, some people go through life without the least bit of stress and have no idea what its like to be broke or have abuse, addictions, stigma, racism or health issues.

On top of this you get these doctors who spend an hour with you and then think they know everything and then prescribe dangerous medications. Antipsychotic meds seem to be the favorite but sure do a lot of damage in the long term. I have organ damage and eye damage from them long term and now off them but the damage is already done. You go into the treatment program at the hospital now the nurses no longer talk to you, they just check to see if your alive every few hours. You are totally alone in hospital now. This is what I've noticed in my city and I can't figure out why they admit you when you don't talk to anyone. I'd rather be at home to watch T.V.

at least or my own bed. Does anyone feel the same way?..an old friend of mine could get any thing for he's horrible back pain in hospital cause he was mental they said, he was so desperate he rolled his wheelchair through the glass window and he fell a few floors onto the concrete and became paralyzed. He said he was thrilled with the outcome cause now he would get something for the pain he was already suffering from that they didn't care about. I believe now adays we are all alone. Cherious good friends and family. The less medication the better. Try not to panic cause the same issue will be there when you wake up in the morning. Honesty is the best way to handle most things and carry no guilt around. Don't give up no matter how old you are. Try to think positive which has been my new thing this past year and it's really working. Don't sweat the small stuff. Look at the whole world in general..we have it made in Canada and have nothing to complain about really. I don't know about your beliefs but I believe in GOD so I'm not to concerned about the future or dying as I once was. I now

have a sense of peace. As far as spyware goes its rapid no body is safe from that and its just plain not right.

A lot of corruption in Canada and the public is not aware. I was in the Military Police and learned more than I ever wanted to know.

• Posted

In my experience mental health services have changed dramatically over the last few years. It seems everything is being cut and there is no support left . In my area the Community mental health team is now called a recovery team. They don't really do much for people anymore. Only very short term treatment and everyone is dealt with their GP. I really don't think there is such a thing a mental health care anymore. Its appalling.

• Posted

Hi scooby I am going through the same because of happened to me and feel that our words you have written sum it up about what really happening to us?

Regards to the government they are so many things that are not right in regards to the money and actions these MP,s are doing to people maybe you can see it because it at you like me but you can tell them but they don't believe you I think that the answer is that people don't care if they can get away with it to get they wages ever month because they can?

Just covering their actions you are not alone personal theirs a lot of us waiting to die let alone the 900+ who have been killed by the social security health money in losing everything and hope this was just in five months before the new tax year starting all the best Hitler did something similar in getting into power 1930,s disstorting the week people and spoke out against him?

• Posted

I did call the post “you really are alone” and it has had a lot of people tell me they agree and have shared experiences about what they are going through and I think that the irony is that this has proved me wrong. There are people here with common issues and clearly want to share these in the hopes that we can help each other. I am also a Christian and like Cindy said we know that we are not alone spiritually either and her words made me think of Psalm 73 which is really worth reading if you ever feel the worlds injustice. I am beginning to think that our GPs are as helpless as we are, they simply do not have what we need available like they used to.
  • Posted

It's not that they don't have doctors that is they do but with the government causing more problems arising from the police and social security health people are just given up on getting though to provide help just going through the a day feeling that what ever they do will be destoryed in the end no one will put their name down to really help you that way they can get more money to many cooks in the kitchen bar maid walking up and down the bar looking biz'e but not serving anyone that's why no one is accouable for they actions really? You can't hold the government people to account 15 million ayear in wages are spent on them people not including NHS staff no one is held to account no more?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.