Young 25 year Female - Scared of Possible Bowel Cancer. Any advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!

I'm a 25 year old female - healthy, good diet & healthy weight.

I noticed during a pregnancy occasional bleeding when passing a bowel movement - put it down to constipation. However, I had a miscarriage (now 2 months ago) and noticed the bleeding continued.

I spoke to my GP about it not long after - and we put it down to hormonal changes etc.

However, I have noticed my stools are now covered with bright red blood and mucus, almost every time i pass a BM. It doesn't hurt to go to the toilet and for the most part, my stool is normal apart from the blood and mucus, I haven't noticed any weight loss. Just bloating/tender stomach sometimes and hot sweats at night(occasionally)

I have booked to go back to my GP - but I am absolutely terrified it is cancer. Has anyone had any similar experiences and it turned out to not be cancer?

Please help - i'm an anxious mess!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just bought a bowel cancer test kit for £30, I will get the results in 4 days. Saves waiting 6 weeks for hospital test.

• Posted

Hi Am,

I'm very sorry about your miscarriage. First of all, you are very very young to have bowel cancer. Don't read google. According to google everyone has cancer. That being said, I don't believe rectal bleeding is caused by hormonal changes. Was your doctor possibly confused and thought you meant vaginal bleeding? I am 42 and have been seeing small amounts of blood streaked on my stool for the past 7 months. Sometimes it was bright red, sometimes it looked darker and was often accompanied by very very small blood clots. It also was attached to mucus. I told myself it must be hemorrhoids. I finally got a colonoscopy this past Tuesday. I had a large polyp in my Sigmoid colon. Don't hold off on getting checked. I put a colonoscopy off for the past 7 months because I was so scared. It was not difficult or scary and my mind is now at ease.

• Posted

HI May, thank you for the reply

the GP Definietly knew i was reffering to bleeding in the stool - said that it was most likely a hemarroid and fischer caused when my progesterone levels were growing and causing constipation in the pregnancy.

From what i can see, there have been no clots- just enough blood for me to notice (on the stool) accompanied by the mucus.

Going back to the DR this wednesday so i will ask for further testing..

Google has definetly indicated cancer so i really do need to stop reading it so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.