Young And Trapped

Posted , 8 users are following.

How come this happened .. 18 and already having problems, I started drinking a lot more after un tried Cannabis 4-5 years ago becaues weed opened the door of Anxiety in my brain. since then, i'm having mental issues, thinking of weird things everyday like imagining knifes piercing my head at any moment or things like that, you think ohh gosh he's crazy, but i'm not, I'm aware of it and learned to control it! I have sooo much more problem and couldn't write 800 pages about them but the only "drug" that helps me is Alcohol, but it's slowly drowning me and my body can't get rid of it, I was wondering why you people starded drinking and if you don't anymore, how did you stop... I also drink because I used to mediate a lot and open my third eye which is too much for my weak mind ...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Drink has a way of creeping up on you. People (including Myself) start drinking for loads of reasons,,,It's a very social thing, so when you start drinking you find out that it's not only fun, but it makes you feel good and masks most pain, physically and mentally. Regardles of what starts first, The mental/anxiety/depression issues or the heavy drinking, you are more than likely to end up with Both. Mindfulness is a thing that you can learn, relaxing with Alcohol is just another way it creeps in. Eventually you will be Drinking because your happy/sad/angry/scared/celebrating/stressed/got a promotion/have insomnia/someone dies/a new family member is Born. Untill eventually you are just drinking to function like a "Normal" person, unable to get out of bed without a few glugs from the Bottle. I think you are being hard on yourself saying you are weak minded, I don't think you have given yourself a chance to see what you can do. Stopping is not a simple trick, it totally depends on your situation and looking to see how you can tackle it if it's causing you problems. The Guys and Gals on here are pretty clued up, I hope you get some answers Dude.

• Posted

HI Charles. Brilliant reply below and better than I can suggest. It is a spiral going down and down since drinking will help you in the short term but yet not a solution. HOw decided are you to stop?? big question...regards Robin
  • Posted

Hi Charles. So sorry to hear you are having problems with alcohol at such a young age, but it is not unheard of.

Alcohol misuse can give you all sorts of halucinations, so stop believing you have a weak mind, it is the alcohol. Until people start having problems with alcohol, they do not realise just how dangerous it can be.

SEE YOUR DOCTOR asap as you could be deficient in Thiamine and b1 complex. Please do some research on this, I am sure you must be internet savvy at your age. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY. You do not say how much you are drinking daily

Keep in touch with us. I am sure there will be others who will advise you. I would like to hear from you again when you have seen a doctor. Very sorry I am bossy but am worried about you x

• Posted

Thanks for you answers and support !! I will see a doctor, when I feel ready ( Hope thia is soon ) It is totaly right, we discover more reasons to drink, pain reliever etc... I appreciate a lot you guys !! Do you think Benzos could help ? Instead of this ?

( Sorry for my English i'm French Canadian )

• Posted

Hi Charles. I don't know enough about Benzos, others on this forum will give you good advice. We have a great bunch of people on here.

Hubby has only ever taken Chlordiazpoxide under medical supervision (medical detox)

Don't worry about your English, you are doing just fine x

• Posted

Hi again CharlesNWA, What type of Benzos are You thinking about? Are you talking about perscribed or street? You are beginning to sound a bit like I was at one point, and looking for a sustainable addiction/habit. Benzos are just as addictive, and like booze, you develop a tolerance. By no means would I tell you not to do them, just like anything you are going to take, you want to educate yourself on what your drug of choice is going to do to your body, just so you know what to expect later. If you are looking to help your Mental issuse with Benzos, I don't think you would do yourself any good, it would only Mask your problems for short periods of time, eventually making you worse. Are you looking for something recreational or are you wanting to Improve you Mental Health? 

• Posted

Hi again Charles. Listen to RHGB he knows what he is talking about. I know at aged 18 I would run a mile from a doctor, but you do need professional help. You seem to have lots going on

Kindest Regards

Please keep in touch x

• Posted

The best advice I could give you would be to see a doctor. There are so many issues running here, that without someone seeing you in person and probably running some tests.

Personally, I do not believe that cannabis is the harmless drug that it is made out to be and can have long term effects on regular users, especially the stuff used today, which is far different from what it used to be.

On an undeveloped brain like yours (people who have not yet reached adult age) it can be more damaging and this goes for alcohol, it is much worse for alcohol to be consumed by an adolescent. From what you have said, you were not an adult when consuming the cannabis/alcohol.

Whilst benzos are excellent for stopping the side effects of alcohol withdrawl, thereby making it painless, to bring someone off alcohol that has become dependent, if you have other issues then they bring their own problems.

For someone who is suffering anxiety, benzos will seem like a dream, but the ability to get addicted to them, is very high and can happen in a short time. Unfortunately, one of the worst is Xanax because of its short half life, and it is the number one prescribed benzo in North America.

You need a holistic approach to your problem of cannabis/alcohol/anxiety otherwise you will add benzo addiction to it. I know you said you are not ready to see a doctor now, but my advice is to do that, sooner rather than later.

I am not medically qualified and I am not giving you advice to get benzos, but if you are going to do it anyway, get something like diazepam which has a long half life and is less like to give you problems in the short term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.