Young Hip replacement no obvious reason at 28!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I started feeling excruitiaing pain around 6 years ago after a ski trip. Me being be I limped around and suddenly the pain all but dissapeared. Then around 2 years ago my joints flared up (I am a coeliac aswell) and my hip started being very painful again. This time I went to the doctors and due to the long wait in the NHS i paid for a private surgeon to have a look. Immediately he said there is nothing we can do but wait until the hip pain gets too bad and replace it but couldnt give me a valid reason for this? It turns out I had a partial thickness larial tear after the ski trip but he said that wouldnt have caused it. But apart from that I can see a reason. I was only 28 when it was diagnosed as severe arthritis. He also said it looked worse in my other hip but as I was private and had only paid for one he didnt go any further with that.

Anyone else have any ideas. Im currently waiting for a visa to come through so I cant visit the doctor at the minute incase it messes up my application. Im completely stumped. Im only 30, no signs of dysplasia and both my hips are knackered! I dont do any massive amounts of sport and such. Anyone else in a similar boat? feel like crying all the time ha

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear that my friend hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Russ

what is the question? is it that you are young and asking should you go through with it, or having to wait so long ?

• Posted

My hip is getting more and more painful and I am really hobbling around. It is particularly bad in bed I find. It is so frustrating not knowing when we may actually be able to have a hip op, it could be years at this rate. I have an orthopaedic surgeon friend at the Royal National Orthopaedic hospital working just on trauma, who says they can only do very few ops per day as everything has to be deep cleaned and disinfected to the nth degree between ops, so he gets really bored hanging around waiting for the next op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.