Your experience with DREAMS and Mirtazapine

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey guys,

I've been on 30mg of Mirtazapine for one year and right now I'm weaning off them. I'm currently on 15mg, and have been taking that for a few days. I'd like to hear about your experience with having vivid dreams whilst being on this med. Nearly every night since taking this pill my dreams have felt INCREDIBLY real. They're not crazy or violent, but they are weird/a little twisted. They usually involve people I know. Even hours after waking up I still think about my dream and the details of it. Even since dropping to 15mg my dreams are still life-like and detailed.

When I wasn't taking any medication, I rarely used to dream. Well, maybe I did... I just never remembered them. But now, WOW! I could write a book on the dreams I've had. And the weird thing is... I love it! It's cool to have such realistic and memorable dreams.

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Me too. I LOVE my dreams. I have always dreamed a lot though, but since being on mirt, they have been much more vivid.
  • Posted

I've had vivid dreams while on venlafaxine and mirtazapine, but I hadn't linked them to the drug until someone mentioned it on a forum. Funnily enough, they have got even more weird since I started reducing the mirtazapine.
  • Posted

I had very vivid dreams also when I first started taking this medication. Nothing scary but a feeling of reality. I am now on 30mg each night and the dreams are less frequent. Like the others, I quite like the dreams and I would often wonder "what will I encounter tonight" after taking the medication before bedtime.
    • Posted

Hey Insp.Morse,

After reading your post on saphire14’s page I couldn’t resist the urge of sending you a message. I love the dreams and how vividly I can recall them but due to my addictive personality, I fear that I’m getting “hooked” on to the need of taking another pill and going ahead for round2/3/4 etc.

Wanted to ask if you could go back to sleep after the 90-minute nap, easily and if so, do you have other dreams without topping off with another 30mg dose? Also wanted to inquire that if you found the urge to dream to be as irresistible as I do and whether or not you were able to give it up, with relative ease.

I know it’s been ages since you posted but would definitely like to hear your response.

• Posted

This is great! I've been on plenty of different antidepressants/anxiety medication and I've only been using avanza 1 month now and still on 15mg.

My whole life I've had horrible nightmares, now the nightmares have stopped and the things I do dream about feel ridiculously real! I wake up thinking that it happened! Cannot explain how real the dreams feel. (At least there not scary anymore) !

• Posted

Hey Rebecca,

After reading your post on saphire14’s page I couldn’t resist the urge of sending you a message. I love the dreams and how vividly I can recall them but due to my addictive personality, I fear that I’m getting “hooked” on to the need of taking another pill and going ahead for round2/3/4 etc.

Wanted to ask if you could go back to sleep after the 90-minute nap, easily and if so, do you have other dreams without topping off with another 30mg dose? Also wanted to inquire that if you found the urge to dream to be as irresistible as I do and whether or not you were able to give it up, with relative ease.

I know it’s been ages since you posted but would definitely like to hear your response.

• Posted

Sometimes they are stressful dreams. Or things I don't want to think of.

but last night I was Lady Godiva on a beautiful horse. Kinda liked that! LOL

• Posted

Last night I dreamt that Ricky Wilson took me for a ride on a hovercraft around the Everglades! It was all done at top speed. It was exhilarating! Very enjoyable dream like I'd had a really big adventure when I woke up.
    • Posted

Hey evergreen,

• Posted

I have been on Mirtazapine for six weeks and have had very vivid dreams every night as well which have often been very bizarre!

I dreamt vividly last night that I had overslept for work!

• Posted

Hey Knowle,

• Posted

My dreams have been very vivid also but again not in a nasty way.

I dream of people I know or have known and like others find it so real I can spend the day thinking about the dream.

I also find myself going over incidents in my life and it seems to be a way for me to put things to rest and move on.

Prior to taking Mirtazapine I was also a insomniac and I find I get much more sleep now which has been a bonus for me as being depressed and tired just made my symptoms worse.

• Posted

Hey Keith,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.