Your experience with DREAMS and Mirtazapine

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey guys,

I've been on 30mg of Mirtazapine for one year and right now I'm weaning off them. I'm currently on 15mg, and have been taking that for a few days. I'd like to hear about your experience with having vivid dreams whilst being on this med. Nearly every night since taking this pill my dreams have felt INCREDIBLY real. They're not crazy or violent, but they are weird/a little twisted. They usually involve people I know. Even hours after waking up I still think about my dream and the details of it. Even since dropping to 15mg my dreams are still life-like and detailed.

When I wasn't taking any medication, I rarely used to dream. Well, maybe I did... I just never remembered them. But now, WOW! I could write a book on the dreams I've had. And the weird thing is... I love it! It's cool to have such realistic and memorable dreams.

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

THANK YOU! Wondering what was going on. One month on 20mg, and and damn strange dreams of ppl I know, and I never dream about ppl I know. They tend to morph into other people as well.  Have to get up and walk around to get it out of my head. Wonder if reducing the dose would help??
    • Posted

Hey john2830,

After reading your post on saphire14’s page I couldn’t resist the urge of sending you a message. I love the dreams and how vividly I can recall them but due to my addictive personality, I fear that I’m getting “hooked” on to the need of taking another pill and going ahead for round2/3/4 etc.

Wanted to ask if you could go back to sleep after the 90-minute nap, easily and if so, do you have other dreams without topping off with another 30mg dose? Also wanted to inquire that if you found the urge to dream to be as irresistible as I do and whether or not you were able to give it up, with relative ease.

I know it’s been ages since you posted but would definitely like to hear your response.

• Posted

Mine are very real & I also wake up thinking about them for hours. Usually because it involves people I know and I always wish they were true. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who gets these types of dreams

• Posted

Hey roxy94559,

After reading your post on saphire14’s page I couldn’t resist the urge of sending you a message. I love the dreams and how vividly I can recall them but due to my addictive personality, I fear that I’m getting “hooked” on to the need of taking another pill and going ahead for round2/3/4 etc.

Wanted to ask if you could go back to sleep after the 90-minute nap, easily and if so, do you have other dreams without topping off with another 30mg dose? Also wanted to inquire that if you found the urge to dream to be as irresistible as I do and whether or not you were able to give it up, with relative ease.

I know it’s been ages since you posted but would definitely like to hear your response.

• Posted

I have been taking Maleate 5mg 3 times a day for the last 3 weeks due to Labrynthitis resulting in Virtigo and severe Tinitus.

After dreaming EVERY time i sleep I checked the medication information leaflet for side effects and dreams but as there was no mention assumed it to be the condition itself.

Since I've been on them i am more sleepy and tend to nap in the day whilst I'm off sick at the moment.

After i had a really vivid dream this morning, again concerning people I know, I had a hunch and Googled Stemetil & dreams. I am so glad I did as I found your blog which confirmed my suspicions 😁

As I don't normally dream very often, and if I do can never recall them sufficiently to relate them to anyone I am really happy to be having them, and in fact look forward to going to sleep just to have one.

Thank you for your blog x

• Posted

Hey sue.fox53,

• Posted

?Wow....good to see others with the same effects.  I was on Amitriptyline for insomnia which worked fine for a few years but the Doctor said it was now found to be bad for folks over 65. 

Since starting on 30mg last week I have had the same issue.  I sleep for 90 minutes then wake up and after a few minutes of deep breathing I can go back through the looking glass either to continue the current dream or start a new one. Maybe 5 or 6 hours of sleep overall on average

Very few "bad" dreams and almost none are familiar people or situations.  Like staring in wonderful movies that I can guide as I go along as if it were real life.  Almost perfect recollection of all the details even days later.  Very much like "I could write a book". 

Since I was not depressed before I can not attest to whether or not it works for that but I do seem to be more "centered" during the day.

If I have a choice I will continue on these until (or if) I no longer enjoy it.  Yawn...time for another adventure.  Good night.

• Posted

Hey Not2Crazy,

• Posted

Just started and had my first one last night, agree amazing dreams though mine had some violence too, i was flying lucidly. it also seemed really long, epic.
  • Posted

Hey all, 

I can't believe there are others who are experiencing the same thing!!! I started Mirtazapine about 10 days ago after a month-long recovery at a rehab for alcohol and drug dependency via prescription by one of the psychiatrists I consulted. Initially, I thought the dreams and the pills had no connection and that the effects of using LSD back in the day, were kicking in but not anymore.

There is a definite link between the dreams and a part of the brain which stores memories as well as the side that makes things up. All the dreams I've had include someone from my past and then a whole new chapter begins. I think this drug is relatively new and the side effects haven't been examined very carefully yet, but it definitely is a trip smile Just like yours, mine are super VIVID and I can remember them very clearly. 

It's all been positive except when I dream about being together with an ex and then wake up to find out that it was just a dream, however, I do love the trip and can't wait for the next one. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.