your help and advice needed please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking Utovlan to regulate my mense and since I am on that I have been having severe headache mainly in the eye sockets. Yesterday I went to sleep and during the night I woke up with a weird feeling that something is broken and blood is flowing in my head. Also, I had some metallic taste in my mouth. I felt very dizzy and confused and the vision in one eye was blurred (where I had that Pain). I headache is still there and its paining. I have been having palpitations since feb and heart rate is above 120. Anyone experienced that? In your opinion should i be worry? Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have no experience with this drug but  its always best to talk to doctor about medication

Lil

• Posted

Hi Rachna,

I have no personal experience with uvotlan but it's basically norithesterone, whoch will delay your period.

All hormones which have anything to do with the menstral cycle can causse a lot of side-effects, including migrain.

Please go and see your doctor to be thoroughly checked over. It's important that your blood pressure fets checked plus you need blood tests. Dis the doctor prescribe it or did you buy it yourself? Either way, please go to your doctor.  love Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess, thank you for your reply. The gynecologist prescribed it to me as I was bleeding for almost 3 weeks. That type of migraine freaked me out and am head is still paining from it, asif really something has exploded inside. I have been to a gp yesterday and she was ashtonished when i described that pain. She ask me to do a thyroid echo so that we can see if all is hormone related. My bp is always low around 9 to 11 max. so many mysteries about health sad. god bless
    • Posted

Do you mean your haemoglobin is 9 - 11? A BP that low and you'e be dead!!!!

I hope your doctor gave you some pain killers.

Love Tess

• Posted

Hello Tess, yesx my blood pressure is always around 9 and 10 mostly. When i go to sleep its around 8. Often I wake up feeling very dizzy and very confused. i Think it is due to low BP. will ask doctor to investigate further. thank you smile
    • Posted

Hi Rachnaa,

Blood pressure readings have two numbers, for example 110/75 or 140/82.

Are you sure you're not talking about blood SUGAR?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.