Your most effective bone supplement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Which has been the best in your experience. I know calcium and vitamin d is usually recommended but what's your go to one.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That's what I take a calcium with magnesium, D3, & a good multiple vitamin.

Karran

• Posted

You might want to try to add bone broth to your regular diet, more lean protein (you need more now than ever before), calcium rich veggies, salmon, spinach, kale, almonds, broccoli, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, pumpkin etc.. Caffine and alcohol are not good now by the way. Look up (foods to eat to help heal broken bones). Also look up the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet as well. 
    • Posted

Great recommendations for a healthy diet, Patti.

Thank u, Karran

• Posted

*+~_~+* Sunshine IS your best Source of Vitamin D and Calcium. And like Patti said, specific healthy foods.

Look it up on the Web. Many sites with suggestions, but Patti sums it up.

Good Luck😃

• Posted

How are you doing today Tituscanby? Hope you are feeling better each day. How is the baker's cyst? 

• Posted

Hi Patti. Just had Physio here. He massaged area where Baker's Cyst was, and area where tear is. Ouch! Couldn't even swear. Pain took my breath away. Leg can't rest on back, too sore in too wide an area, and laying it out normally causes too much pressure = pain and numbness and pins and needles. Physio says this is nerves being aggravated.

For both legs I have to do small stints of toe walking. Need a crutch for that. And squat walking. Toe raisers every second day. Bruising showing up on broken leg. Apparently quite common.

I glad you asked. It made my day! Thanks.

I saw a lad at the basketball Stadium, all of about 15, who fell off his motorbike 2 months ago . compound fracture of fibula and fibula. I felt lucky.

How have you been? Running yet? I'm into my 43rd week, and I can see and feel progress. A little sick of side developments, but I just soldier on.

Haven't been on here much. Haven't hardly played my Ukelele. Just trying to get thru this latest hurdle.

Look forward to hearing your tales!

@(*+*)@

• Posted

Hi Tituscanby! So sorry you have to go through all these extra steps in your recovery. I can only imagine how exhausting it is, but you are on your way to the other side now. Doing all the toe walking will get your calves strong (and get needed blood & oxygen in to restore your muscle). And sounds like they are working on building your glutes back up with the squat walking too. It's amazing how fast muscle can be lost, but equally amazing about muscle memory and how fast it comes back when you work it. Keep the faith. You will be over this before too much longer. How do you sleep now? On your side or tummy? How long for the tear to be able to heal itself? Remember to eat lots of lean protein (you need iron too), broccoli, almonds, blueberries, kale, salmon etc. and take Vitamin A to help the tear repair itself.

I'm not running yet, but I can walk very fast now. Just trying to stay up with everyone on this family vacation. So far, so good. Love my braclet Fitbit. It keeps me thinking about steps and walking as much as possible now. I'm in Spain now and it is a big walking town and I keep noticing how everyone has very built calves around here- must be from all the walking. My two legs still have very different calf sizes. This will take six more months to even them up i think. It doesn't bother me though. Only I notice. I try to take the steps instead of elevators whenever I can too. I remember all to well how long it took me to be able to go down steps, and I relish the opportunity to be able to do them now. You will too soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.