Your opinion of the best supplement or/and homeopathics for depression.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I would really appreciate know what you believe are the best supplements/homeopathics for depression. (I know and agree that exercise, therapy, etc etc are all great...yes, they are ..) .but I really would like to know of your experience with the 'other things' too..such as the supplements... Thsnk you to all who answer. I appreciate it! smile

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Betty,

In regards to supplements, Saint John's Wort may be effective in treating mild to moderate depression. However, be aware that this herb has many drug interactions and interactions with other supplements and homeopathics.

• Posted

St Johns Worth can cause cataracts when taken for some time and if left untreated can cause blindness. Be careful. Always read the labels or Google search the medicine before taking it.

Take Care💜

• Posted

I have found no anti depressants which work for me.   I am left looking for alternatives.  I take warfarin so that makes it even more difficult.  Have you found anything which helps? I am getting to the stage that i will give up.
    • Posted

Hi Ann,

St. John's Wort is the most widely researched alternative and complementary medicine for treating depression. However, this herb has major interactions with warfarin. Hopefully, researchers will discover other herbal anti-depressants that lack the numerous drug-supplement interactions associated with the use of St. John's Wort.

• Posted

"Jarrow SAM-E"  200mg/day works for me, look it up and see if you think it will help.

• Posted

Hi! Are you still looking? I have been using DXN Ganoderma (Lingzhi) for years and it seems to help a lot with controlling stress and fatigue. Healthline also has an article about Lingzhi if you need to do more reading - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/reishi-mushroom-benefits#section2. I have only ever used DXN branded Ganoderma products for the quality. Try searching for the DXN App on the App Store or on Play Store.

• Posted

I've tried several prescribed medications, which have all given me really bad side effects. I'd recommend St John's Wort. I've been using it for years now; without it, I'd be a mess. No side effects from it at all and I've found over the years that you can drink alcohol with it if you drink.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.