Your own rules?

Posted , 7 users are following.

After reading many discussions on this forum, it seems many of you have your own rules which you follow on top of the standard Orlistat ones. Things like how many carbs you allow yourself or how much exercise you do. I was wondering what rules you had for yourself which you find help the weight loss? My weight has not dropped much in the last 2 weeks and I wonder what I can do to boost the loss along a bit? Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I calorie counted. I had 1300-1400 calories a day. When I was doing slimming world my loss was 1-2lb a wk once I calorie counted it was 3-5lb a week. Strict but came off quick so was easy to stick to it seeing the results. smile
  • Posted

They call me forest gump, as I fast walk everywhere.

Plug myself in and I'm a way . I do an hour everyday .

Love it . Xx

• Posted

*If * you are able to, be more active and possibly change your menu to something different. :-) what works for one person may not work for another, its trial and error hun, just keep going with it.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

HI

I too have startde calorie counting using My Fitness Pal (MFP), 1200 calories and have seen a marked diffrence to my wieht loss. I dont lose masses each week but a staedy 2.5 - 1.5 whihc suits me just fine!

I found it took a good 3 weeks for the pills to start to get inot my system and work, I was getting very despondent but it is now showing signs of progress.

Good luck with it x

• Posted

Thanks everyone, I use MFP and try to keep between 1200 and 1300. I don't do much exercise, so I think this one is the sticking point for me! I do still eat pasta/ rice/ bread/ potatoes, all with no fat and within my calorie limit, but am I likely to see a bigger loss if I cut down on the carbs too? 
  • Posted

Hi I have been on orlistat for 4 weeks now and have been using my fitness pal to stick to 1200-1500 cals a day. I have lost 25Ib (11kg) in the past 6 weeks and I've noticed I am losing inches or cm quite rapidly which is great. I have started to go shopping weekly so I dont get bored. I use M&S count on us desserts to treat myself if I am feeling unmotivated which has only happened once. I work as a nurse so I am constantly on my feet, but I am walking the dog further each day and I have been using the wii 3 times a week until I feel confident to go to a gym. Hope your feeling more motivated don't let it get to you it will happen xxx 
    • Posted

11kgs in 6wks. Goodness thats amazing, well done. I really hope I have similar results (3st to loose)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.