YOUR THOUGHTS!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello im new to the group. i got diagnosed with hypertension about 6 months ago. i was real worried and scared. i know its a common condition but my anxiety was real bad. i was on 5 meds and a clonidine patch and my bp was still running about 180/101. im finally on a different combo of meds and my bp is perfect during the day. when i take my evening meds my bp stays high. i take the exact same meds twice a day. had anyone ever experienced this? why are my meds only working during the day!? this is running my anxiety back, i was thinking maybe resistent hypertension but i dont think thats it. any thoughts!?? thanks in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If the meds don't do it, then maybe consider your diet, try eliminating certain foods and see if that helps. Simple, fresh foods, the "Mediterranean Diet", and all that.

• Posted

Demand more tests because it does sound like you have resistant hypertension

• Posted

HI

I am amazed that 5 meds didnt get it under control initially ? SO my question to you about the day control and not later evening , is are you taking the same meds both morning and evening split dose or is it different meds ? I actually have had similar for last 2 years trying different meds some of which actually made my BLOOD Pressure go higher! I always want to find out the why it is high . I HAD VERY HIGH BP 210 over 105 and was told 13 years ago I had to go on heart meds etc. but I WENT on a small dose 2.5 of BENDROFLUAMIAZIDE a diurectic which successfully controlled my bp for 10 years but one side effect was gout so as my bp was great my dr agreed to e stopping and for 1 1/2 years it was okay then started to go out of control. I have now tried about 5 /6 drugs with awful side effects. recently have started on Ramipril 1.25 fingers crossed. My BP can go from 195/95 to 128/78 in one day ? I think being stressed really does affect and worrying about the BP is the worst. I wouldnt take any drugs but am waiting on a hip operation which they wont do with high bp. good luck keep trying different medication but not all at once maybe one is not okay for you

• Posted

yes im taking the same meds! i take amlodipine 10mg split metoprolol 100 mg split and lisinopril/ hctz 20/12.25 tab split.

• Posted

HI

well you may want to research AMLOPODINE THERE IS A WHOLE SECTION DEVOTED JUST TO THIS DRUG ! However some people can take it without the awful side effects but it is worth researching . i think some of these drugs can and do make you more anxious and some actually make you depressed and suicidal. The last one I WAS ON an alpha 1 blocker actually changes your brain chemistry and I CHECKED THIS OUT BECAUSE I BEGAN TO NOTICE MY DREAM STATE CHANGE !!! among other things . THESE DRUGS ARE SCARY AND I am still weighing up the fear of a heart attack / stroke with the side effects !

DO CHECK OUT THE FORUM ON AMLOPODINE PS I get the widely different bp from day to evening as well

• Posted

my friend has this and takes 40mg lisinopril, 200 metrpolol and 5 amlodpine per day.

• Posted

I haven't had the exact same experience but my blood pressure seems to jump around on different days. Not sure why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.