Yr experience

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Would anyone share their experience with esomeprazole?

Ive tried omeprazole, lansoprazole with what appears not much luck and now i been prescribed esomeprazole.

Am i being too hopeful or has anyone noticed some improvement going onto it?

Thank u

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

my symptons went straight away but after five days got bad headaches from the medicine, went onto Zantac but still getting headaches, so trying today with no medicine and hopefully the acid hasn’t come back as yet.

• Posted

I was on omoprezole for years when it started to become less effective, the doctor prescribed me lansoprezole and it was useless, so I tried Esomeprezole. I find it great at preventing heartburn but I still get occasional reflux which leads to sore throats. It’s one of the best though, so just stick with it and watch your diet. 
    • Posted

I been suffering for over a yr now.

I have no definate diagnosis apart from

Small reactive changes found in endoscopy biopsies.

Im waiting for manometry and ph as still have daily symptoms of something.

We think its a reflux of some kind.

It started suddenly. I had no health issues before.

Pls tell me what u eat as im struggling to slot culprits and lots websites contradict.

• Posted

HI I was offed this to try but I didn't take it because I found the tablet to large for me to swollen but I know it's the most expensive PPI medication and the strongest so if you don't have  a problem swallowing larger pills I would give it a go 

• Posted

I'm using Esomeprazole (40mg a day) since 10 days. It worked in reducing heartburn, back pain for me. Haven't got much LPR relief though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.