Yuvafem - Brown Discharge

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was started on Yuvafem for AV. I don't like it because I started to have brown discharge and cramps with it. I'm post menopausal and had a scare with brown discharge about 6 mos. ago (had d&c/hysteroscopy w/ biopsy - found a polyp but was all clear other than that luckily - oncologygist said I was good for a year) so the brown discharge makes me nervous - plus - I have issues with migraines, so I stopped it. A month later, I'm still having the brown discharge and cramping. Does the body retain the estrogen after stopping - anyone know?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

AT one point I had to go off the Vagifem ( brand name for yuvafem) for three weeks due to some surgery. The Dr said by that time the estrogen was gone and that I would have to reload everyday for two weeks. That's all I know.

• Posted

I have used yuvafem for months and never had a brown discharge just some mild irritation the day after use. Have you told your doctor? Doesn't sound right to me

• Posted

I've been using Vagifem for a few years, most recently 2-3 times a week. Never had that experience. I would let your doctor know you are still having that issue. The only time I had some cramping was at first when I was putting the wand with the vagifem in too far.

• Posted

You must go back to your doctor. No discharge is right in any circumstances
  • Posted

I'm learning now that the brown discharge is possibly due to the return of the Atrophic Vaginitis. I've never NOT had some kind of discharge since my period started 30 years ago, so it's the color I have to watch. I'll learn more when I see the gyno in a few weeks. Thanks for your replies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.