Zapain vs Co-Dydramol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guy's! i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. i feel like im going a bit mad here, 4 weeks ago i tore the cartalidge in my knee and i have been taking Zapain for it. The last few days that hasn't been very effective so my doc has now given me co-dydramol? I always thought this wasn't as strong? Help! Im still in so much pain! 

Many thankscheesygrin

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My friend takes dydromal and she said it's stronger stuff. I have zapain (Co codomol) and they work wonderes for me. Though I try not to take them too much as I got addicted earlier this year and weaned off. But i cant cant see why they aren't relieving you pain. some people just naturally have a high tolerance to pain killers. I used to have to pop about 6 at a time for them to work (hence how I got hooked).

The next step up is probably tramadol or similar

• Posted

Its really strange, she seems to have put me back down again. I was on Zapain and Naproxen every 4 hrs then it was Tramadol,Naproxen and Paraceteemol and now she has put me on co-dydramol?
    • Posted

They do like to experiment when one thing doesn't work. I'm naughty and exceed the dosage usually, hence why I used to knock myself out of zapain haha. But just two every 4 hours would do nothing.

Tramadol did absolutely nothing for me but it my mates say they float and go to another place lol.

My mum tore her cartliedge and paracetamol worked for her!! I don't even bother with paracetamol anymore. They do nothing for me unless mixed with codeine :-D

Is your pain really really bad? I'm assuming so

• Posted

Im in agony! The worse is at night. I haven't slept for 4 nights because iof the pain! Half the problem is not being able to rest it and constantly being on my feet. 
    • Posted

Aww poor you! I'm really sorry to hear that. Get yourself back to Dr tomorrow, as an urgent appointment. Being in a agony, is something I'd consider urgent. My Drs have quite a relaxed attitude to same day appointments, so I hope it's similar for you. There must be something that will take it away for you. Did the zapain work for you during the first day or so?
  • Posted

They're both paracetamol, Co-dydramol contains dihydrocodeine, which is stronger than the codeine in Zapain (Co-codamol).

But be warned both are highy addictive so best to limit it to no longer than four weeks use

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.