Zelendronic Acid infusion...anyone tried this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been advised to have this once yearly infusion....because I react to medication (all biophosphnates!)  i would be grateful for anyone who has had this infusion...all meds have side affects, so not sure about this.  I am osteopenia....so they say, but can`t seem to get the results of dexa scan!...Thanks for any info regarding this...

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My dexa scan was " -2.86 with high probablity of fracures "  and rheumy said..oh we have 2 treat this with a once yearly i.v (side effects are flu like symtoms)"

... I have my first i.v tomorrow. I cant take oral meds as already on PPI since April (GERD) and on predisolone and immuno suppressive meds for the last 4 weeks ( suspected Sjogren's Syndrome..awaiting lip biopsy of saliva gland)..

​I dont belive I have osteoporosis as I had a bad fall at end of May and didnt fracture anything... fell backwards and hit my back , wrist, elbow and head on a parquet floor )  but have agreed to the i.v  ('just in case?'

​I am female 63 yrs old with BMI of 19....I exercise on a treadmill with ankle weights ( 1kg) and small hand held dumbells (1 kg) 5 days a week for upto 40 minutes a session and consider myself fit ..so getting this diagnosis came as a shock!!

​Could this be storm in a tea cup reaction from the rheumy ?? Is -2.86 enough to  warrant this treatment ?

• Posted

No way would I be taking these meds as you have shown you would not break a bone anyway! Your exercise schedule is great and you are not underweight!

Your t score is not bad either when you consider others have much worse results.

your decision but I would not!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.