Zero appetite and chronic anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have zero appetite and really bad anxiety, I've just been prescribed pregabalin like yesterday and I'm dizzy and spaced out, has anyone taken this and how long until these

Symptoms go and has it helped anyone and helped appetite if you couldn't eat because of anxiety?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

the symptoms you describe are classic items of anxiety.

I've been on Pregabalin/Lyrica for 16 months and it's helped a lot. It took only a couple of days to take its calming effect. During this time I had a light background headache which quickly went.

This drug is well known for minimal side effects and isn't addictive,so you should be ok.

You normally start on a low dose then take it up to what works. What dose are you on?

Let me know how you get on.

Alex

• Posted

The heck you say Lyrica isn't addictive!!!

Don't tell people that !

Go go some of the support groups who have taken Lyrica or gabepentin or Cymbalta and read how many are either harmed or dead from this garbage!

• Posted

I'm on 75mg twice daily, have been spaced out and dizzy and hae only taken 3 so far, I've still no appetite and that scares me, where you the same and how did you go up in dosage?
  • Posted

Hi again,

I started on 75mg twice daily for a week then up to 150mg twice daily for a year. During this time I was quite stable.

In January I had my car stolen, which sent me spiralling into deep anxiety. I lost 2.5 stone in 6 weeks!

Had the dosage upped to 200mg twice daily, which got things under some control. Still have anxiety symptoms but not like before. I have the option of increasing the dose, but I'd like to see how things develop.

You should find your appetite begin to return soon. Unless you were seriously underweight before then I wouldn't be overly concearned.

Best wishes,

Alex

• Posted

Ooops' that was 1.5 stone !
  • Posted

Thanks, luckily I have some reserves but have lost weight, I'm scared I've deleloped some mental block for eating, have myself worked up, what if these don't work for me etc etc. Did you have the dizziness etc, I'm on day 2 and feel awful which is making my anxiety rocket. I need some reassurance :-(
  • Posted

Hello ladies,when my problems began from a simple virus it caused me to loose over 4 stone in 4 months I looked dreadful,my own family couldn't believe what virus had done to me and I've not been well since and brought on my anxiety live tried all sorts of things to get back to where I was prior to that virus I take 2mgs of diazepam on a day when anxiety to high ,I've got tinnitus and balance problem so as you can tell I don't have good days at all it's interesting what you ladies say maybe you hold answers doctors don't ,my weight took 18 months to put back on when a nurse told me to get METATONE It's a tonic they give to people who have lost weight from illness,it took time but gradually weight did come back up chemists sell it.i would never ever diet after what I've been through .Celt go and get tonic mentioned it works good luck x
  • Posted

Hi,

being dizzy and spaced out may not only be a side effect. It could also be that your blood sugar levels are really low causing you to feel weaker. Keep eating regularly.

Richard

• Posted

I have enough reserves but fact that I can't eat is problem. Richard I haven't been eating well for a while die to anxiety, I just have no desire to eat. Have you any tips how to get appetite back?
  • Posted

Hi I am new to this. I am 20 years old and around October/November last year i fount a limp in my neck

Which the doctor described as a 'lymph node' and said it would go down, if it didn't to go within 4-6 weeks to

Go back. So I went back and still nothing was done. The lump is moveable and squishy.

Anyway I pushed for bloods to put my mind at rest as since if had it I have suffered with major health anxiety.

My bloods all came back clear and my anxiety started to go, until last Saturday I receive a letter of my gp for my bloods to be taken. I went back to see him and he says it's because I pushed for further testing.

But this anxiety is playing a real big part in my life & the doctor has put me on diazepam but I won't take them due to having a 13 month old and the side effects can make me sleepy but I also don't want to be on tablets for it at my age.

What I would like to know is does anybody suffer from major health anxiety?

The more you think about something do the symptoms worsen?

My lymph nodes have a stinging sensation is this correct? Are they supposed too?

My doctor has given no information really and I just wanted some friendly answers that's all.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing as bloods came back ok and I still need to make an appointment for the further referral.

Thanks for any replies I appreciate any help x

• Posted

Hi,

the lump could be any amount of things but often cyst form in different parts of the body. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that develop at any time and go down with treatment. Tumours tend to be harder to the touch but can also form in the body. Your Dr should have an idea from the blood results as to what the growth is so don't panic. Wait for the results and take it from there.

Richard

• Posted

Yes Kirsty far to young for diazepam,my one regret is going on them to begin with, when all anxiety began from those tablets ,as in. The 4 months I had that virus no anxiety then ,only began when I was put on them biggest mistake I've ever made try a herbal valerian route ,your a young mum and I'm an old hand so to speak ,so I'm putting my head on your shoulders go to your local health food shop and look .and. You've got to be alert with young Bradley I to had a neck lump ,just a year ago this month,it was a blocked Saliva gland had it removed I'm fine so don't you worry okay Take Bradley out for some nice walks and just enjoy being a new mum Always someone to talk to on the forum lets know how you go on and deep breaths and relax hope your tomorrow will be better x one for Bradly to x
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your replies. I have made my own discussion on this that explains everything better.

I have not taken the tablets which I got last Thursday I knew they was strong I feel like because I'm young and I've been to the doctor so many times he just thinks I'm making it up.

Maybe it is nothing and it's just my anxiety making me much worse than it already is.

It has gotten worse ever since I recueved my letter if referral last Saturday which I never asked for but the doctor claims I did. I only asked for bloods and once they came back clear I wasn't to bad and left it, it's only flared up worse than ever since recueving the letter and like I said it's ruining my day to day life playing with Bradley all day when I'm alone with him as his daddy works 5 days a week so from when he awakes in the morning I'm on my own till 5-6-7-8 at night as my partners self employed never knowing when he's going to be home which is why I haven't taken the tablets my baby boy comes first.

I have 3 or so on my right side and one that I can feel on my left side would the bloods I had definitely have shown if something was seriously wrong? Obviously I'm thinking the worst (cancer) would I have worse symptoms than this?

The lymph node feels like it stings a little sometimes I have no pain and the stinging doesn't hurt, I just know it's there.

Thank you for your replies they mean a lot xx one from Bradley smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.