Zero appetite please help week 8

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am now on week 8 and started to gain my appetite back but the last week or so everything has gone wrong and put me in a massive backwards spiral , i can see i am losing weight and cant face to look at myself in the mirror , dont want to go out of the house as i fear people will comment that i have lost weight i need some sort of appetite stimulant my doctor wont hand out benzos so thats not an option

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

font worry about your appetite now in time you will have an appetite of an elephant.trust n believe .best regards

• Posted

i do hope so because i havent a lot of weight left to lose

• Posted

samething happen to me.i lost alot of weight then gain alot .so now iam carb free .celexa makes you crave bad carbs

• Posted

STill early days - it'll take a month or two more to settle. Try to get some more exercise, which will have a double benefit - firstly it'll improve your mood considerably and it'll increase your appetite and once you start eating normally, you wont be so stressed about losing weight either.

• Posted

done that today forced myself out and walked approx 3 miles for a bit of exersise and to get out of the house but still when i look at food its like looking at a cardboard box

• Posted

I struggled with the same during the first 3-4 weeks but I also believe my anxiety contributed to that, as ive just hit the 8 week mark on 20mg and some new side effects have made me a bit anxious again, which has also brought back on a slight loss of appetite again. I do keep seeing that 8 weeks is still considerably early. I must say though, the weeks following the loss of appetite up to this week, my appetite came back same as before, and I like my food so that was reassuring. I guess this process with these meds is different for all but takes a lot longer than expected. Take good care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.