Zinc

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I have bought my zinc and multi vits. 

How much zinc should I be taking please (rough guideline) please and thank you kindly xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

well done dak...brll

good question the RDA is prob way too low...off to bed but will have a think x

• Posted

I take 25mg in my multivit and 30mg additional (zinc citrate).  I've taken even more in the past as advised by my doctor when I was found to be zinc deficient. I do get it tested periodically along with copper because I understand that they are supposed to be in balance with each other (and a lot of people apparently have too much copper).  --Suzanne
  • Posted

That's interesting, I was thinking that the zinc would be topical, not in vitamin form...?
  • Posted

Since getting my cream for the LS and using that I have also been taking vitamin be complex and zinc in tablet form.  My itch has improved and redness and soreness is about half what it was.  I am not sure if this is because of the city but, the zinc, the cream or all combined.  But at least it seems to be improving.  Another point I'd like to make, when I first got LS almost two years ago, before I knew what it was, I tried using sudacreme on my genital area (which contains zinc) and it burned and made the whole area inflamed and absolutely unbearable.  Maybe an allergic reaction?  I do have sensitive skin.  I am looking for ideas on a good cream to moisturise the area.  The pharmacist has suggested something called aveeno, but I thought this was a hand cream. I need something that is completely natural and perfume free, I know this much.
    • Posted

virgin coconut oil....from your health food store...you'll love it!

also extra virgin olive oil in a wide mouthed attractive jar in the fridge door....goes bright green...its lovely and cooling!

• Posted

Sorry not city but *vitamin b and also should say vitamin b not vitamin be lol.  Predictive text!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.