zinc carnosine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm trying to find some natural supplements to help heal my gastritis,does any one has experience taking zinc carnosine? does it help? also any other tips or supplements would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried avoiding rich, fatty and spicy foods and eating blandly?  Have you tried a food diary?
  • Posted

actually all I'm eating is bland food ,oatmeal ,white rice ,bake potatoes ,fish ,mash egg whites and boiled chicken with out the fat,I'm not sure why still I get 2-3 good days and the very bad ones I've lost 20 pounds so far on this kind of diet thats why I need to find something to speed the recovery at this pace I'm going to dissapear lol

• Posted

Everyone is different with gastritis.  It is very much trial and error to find a diet that suits you.  It depends on your own individual triggers It can come and go in periods of flare up or remission.  Milk can help to settle your stomach.

Maybe see a dietician for advice on what best to eat.

• Posted

Have they found the cause of your gastritis and how did it start?  Are you having any other physical or psychological symptoms that began around the same time?  That could be a clue.
  • Posted

I'm usually an ox pretty healthy guy my only problem is a work out a lot and i"ve a tendency to put all kind of pre work out supplements in my body they are known to damage the stomach lining overtime I know it sounds stupid but when i was healthy I did'nt think they would affect me on the long run so here I'm trying to heal with patience  and to feel at least better 

• Posted

I assume you've been tested for the gastritis/ulcer bacteria H pylori.  DGL [licorice root], Pepto bismol, Ginger, Garlic, and Flavones are some supplements used to help kill the bacteria if you don't want to take antibiotics, although it's very tough and difficult to eradicate.  DGL, Flavones, and Marshmallow root can help heal the gastric mucosa even if you're not infected with H pylori.

• Edited

I tried zinc carnosine.  I thought at first it was helping but later started to cause problems.  Tried pine nut oil, l glutamine, DGL, etc.  Most are a waste of money.  A PPI, carafate, diet, and patience are the keys to getting healed.  Gastritis can take anywhere from 1-3 months for mild gastritis to heal to 6+ months for more severe forms of gastritis to heal.  But for most, it does heal.  
    • Posted

Hello, I am curious to know how long were you on PPI's for and after you stopped did it cause a rebound effect where you experienced more acid reflux? Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.