Zinc Picolinate

Posted , 4 users are following.

I said I would report back on my trial of Zinc Picolinate. I've been on a 44 mg per day for a few weeks now, and I do notice an improvement. It has been very humid here, which usually makes flare ups worse. I broke my rule of not shaving at all in pubic area because I was so frustrated with the heat and endless outbreaks. Just thought, what the heck does it matter whether I shave or not? I still get outbreaks. I'm not claiming some sort of miracle here, and there has been a few days where I've forgotten to take the zinc. I have seen an improvement. Had a small outbreak which went away faster than it normally would. I have not had another outbreak. I shall continue on this Zinc Polinate. Early days, but I do think this is worth a try.

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Thank you, Heather. Was the Zinc Picolinate recommended by a health care provider? Is it the only thing you are taking at the moment?

• Posted

Hi Seamist. No. No a health care provider. It was either someone in this forum or another one I'm signed up to.

I know that a lot of people warn about sugar. I've never altered sugar consumption. I'm just too addicted to chocolate.

Zinc is the only thing I'm taking orally. GP told me to stop using antibiotic ointment. I use Sudafed cream to help with itching.

Fingers crossed. It is the 18th today and still no outbreak. If I do get one, I'm going to start combining the zinc with turmeric capsules.

• Posted

Hello, I have ordered mine already and I will report any changes if I notice any. i have recently had an outbreak due to having sugar (i believe). I have heard that sugar was the source, but the question I have is Is it white sugar or all sugar? If anyone has an answer or suggestion please let me know. I will post my opinion on the zinc Picolinate

• Posted

hello, i said I would report t you after taking zinc for two weeks. i havent really noticed a difference. I have a small bump under my arm now. i am going to keep taking it and see, as for right now i haven't noticed a change

• Posted

Hi Tiffany. What dosage are you taking? I'm still on 44mg I had one tiny outbreak, - just a pimple really. It went away the following day. I've had no serious outbreaks since taking zinc picolinate.

I do hope you see some change soon. Please check back either way.

• Posted

i am taking the 30 mg. I thought it migh have been to low, so on some days I would take two.

• Posted

Hi Dreamer. Sorry I'm so slow to get back to you. I have a huge backlog of emails. I got mine from Amazon. I would point out that since my original post, I have had further outbreaks since taking zinc picolinate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.