Ziplicone tapering off 3.75mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for some advice on tapering off 3.75 mg?

I have been using it for 2 days for help with panic attacks/anxiety and want to do it for 7 days so I can regain my lost sleep (avg 2 hrs per night)

How would you taper off it?cold turkey or cut the pills in 1/2 or 1/4s?

Cheers

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Going cold turkey did not work for me and is not the advice that many professionals give. I managed to taper from 15mg to completely off them by cutting them in 1/2 and then crushing to a powder. If you have only been on them for a short period of time (7 days) it might not be too difficult. Good luck!  
    • Posted

Interesting you say that as not many professionals do say that, but my Dr did & I got off them cold turkey so it can be done

Although I get feel absolutely horrible I thankfully had 2 brothers in family business who were the bosses so they let me have the whole week off & stay with one of them their wives & family, otherwise I couldn't do it. Lots of other Dr's were suprised but they said well he said that & you've done it too

• Posted

How long were you taking them for?

Congratulations on your progress and certainly support from family and friedns is key. 

• Posted

Thanks claire83539. Yeah only 2 days so far. I am just looking to get my sleep back in order and then hopefully it will ease some of my other symptoms. I have also been prescibed citalopram for my anxiety issues
    • Posted

Citalopram contributed to my insomnia so if you're still struggling, the antidepressants might not be helping - but everyone responds differently. I do strongly advise you to not take Zopiclone for a long time as it is very difficult to come off them. The advice you have been given from others is also very helpful.

• Posted

I cut them in half. Took half and i could turn to the other half if i needed it. Don't do it too fast

• Posted

Wpooch..

I think you're getting some good advice from those who are/have been on a "Z" drug.  I can't speak to this drug so I'll leave the advice to them.

Judy

• Posted

I am sorry, but maybe I am confused. You said you have been taking it for 2 days and want to take it for 7? There should be no need to taper after such as short period of time. Just stop and you should be fine. If you are afraid, just cut the last few days in half (so if you have a week's worth, cut day 6 in half and keep for day 7, cut day 7 in half and keep for days 8 and 9). You should not experience and withdrawal either way. Tolerance and dependency don't happen that quickly (I would say a solid month at minimum is required before you expereince anything even close to withdrawl of dependency).

The real problem that may be encountered is the underlying condition that you were prescribed them for. Will that be gone in 7 days? If not, you may wish to explore other options, or longer term use (when dependency certainly becomes and issue). 

Just don't worry. Worrying makes everything (from insomnia to pain) all that much worse. 

• Posted

Yep only 2 days at 3.75 mg a night. Just trying to minimize risk of missus/ addiction. Also been prescribed citalopram for anxiety which I am going to start taking (reluctantly). Just all the bad stories you hear make me extra cautious
    • Posted

Don't worry, most of those with the bad stories you read here have been taking them for months, years, decades.... You will be fine, but you don't want to end up taking them that long (if you don't have to). All drugs have their uses (and misuses), and I am just worried that the underlying reason you are taking them will not disappear when you stop the drugs.... 

I know nothing about citalopram, but it seems like an SSRI. These drugs have their own side effects, problems and sometimes require weaning/tapering as well. But the main thing that needs to be dealt with is your reason for anxiety. You may not wish to discuss it here, but these sorts of issues often lead to people taking zops, benzos. etc. for a number of years.... You just can't shut off your mind, are constatly worried, can't sleep or eat...  We've been there darling, and you are not alone.

Nip the cause in the bud (or butt), depending on your situation, or it may not work. Do you want to share anything privately? Does this site have such a thing???  

To me, not knowing you, it sounds as though the drugs are not the problem, or the solution. What's going on? I find this a pretty safe community to share in, and if you need local assistance folks can often help with that too.

peace, love and hugs

• Posted

HI Judi,

Thanks for the detailed response..

My mistake it is Cipralex not Citalopram

I am currently seeing a therapist to help deal with it. We have potentionally found that PTSD from ODing on weed when I was younger as the root cause to my anxiety panic attacks. I thought you could go nuts and I was losing my mind. Only just found out that you CANT actually go nuts off weed, years of me holding it in and develpoing some bad thought patterns.

• Posted

Was there something else going on at the time those years back? I don't think you can "OD" on weed...  (maybe some of the oils and/or extracts, but...). It sounds as though there may be something unresolved going on there darling and maybe it's time to let it out, and let go of it for good. 

I don't know you, but I certinaly wish you the best and hope that whatever has been dragging you back or manifesting itself through drug use and other ailments is soon resolved. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.