Zoladex

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies I too took the zoladex injection in September 10.8 dose. I had one period after that and have not had another one since. The hot flushes have been really bad. I still get them now. I had a opp in December where they took out 12 fibroids and left one. Due to complications. I was wondering my periods are going to come back and when will the hot flushes stop. Does anyone know how long it last for.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I feel your pain. I had really extreme hot flushes from Zoladex. I had 3 injections with no periods. Sounds like you had a Myomectomy it really depends when you stopped the Zoladex.

In my case I stopped the Zoladex end of August 2014 and the hot flushes stopped beginning of October 2014 . Don't know your age and if you could be having the actual real menopause but you can have a blood test at Doctors to check. Sorry can't be of more help. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks Patricia

I am 38 and was ok before the Injection apart from my fibroids. Yes I had a myomectomy in December. I just need to get back to normal now. I have no sex drive since I had the injection. And hot flushes seem to have slow down slightly but still quite bad.

• Posted

Hi Soph, l went through same experience as yours and the hot flushes ceased after six good months when l regain my period. The 10.8 dosage Zoladex is too harsh for women as l later learnt from another geanecologist. The Zoladex was administered in June and l had my period in January thus last month. The hot flashes will definitely cease l know so and your period will come back. I was asking same question 2 months ago when l got more worried but finally finally l saw my period. Mine was almost seven months and so you will be fine. All the best.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance Edith. All I can do now is wait. It's 5 months now so hopefully not long to go. Did u experience any vaginal Dryness or low send drive. Hope I'm not asking too much of a personal question. Just hoping fur someone to empathise with me.
  • Posted

Normally periods return 3 months after the date of last injection. I am assuming you were given monthly injections for 3 months, before the surgery, which is what some surgeons recommend. Once the Zoladex is completely out of your system the symptons will stop. Although Zoladex shrinks the fibroids to make surgery easier to perform, it can cause very small fibroids to dissappear and reappear after the myomectomy.  For this reason not all surgeons approve of its use.
  • Posted

I forgot to add that for seven months l experienced viginal dryness though l never noticed a drop in my sex drive. I was dry and l think l like that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.