Zoladex side-effects, anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey ladies, I've been on Zoladex 10.8 to shrink my fibroids, and my first 3 months went fairly smoothly, with only hot flushes being the side-effect. I had my second 3-monthly jab about ten days ago and out of the blue I've started having extreme nausea, stomach pain and blinding headaches. Wondering if anyone else has had similar? I don't know if it's a bug I've caught or if it's the meds.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie,

May l know if the 10.8g Zoladex dose was given outright? I had that dosage at a go and the side effect was unbelievable. I went through all the menopausal symptoms that you can think of. My period ceased at once, l had serious hot flashes, painful stiff fingers every morning, sensitivity under my feet, nausea, etc. l felt pain all over my body until the Sixth month after my period reversed through some medication from another geanecologist. I never noticed my fibroids were reducing until now that l have my period back. They have reduced though but l don't intend to do a surgery. All that l want to say is that you will have some ill feelings but all will be over soon. Talk to your GP for some relieves while you go through and you will be fine. Wish you well. 

• Posted

Thanks for replying edith, and your encouraging words! My fibroids have shrunk quite a bit apparently. But these side-effects are really awful, aren't they? I've also had sore bones and joints, and the hot flashes are really severe. My stomach isn't quite as bad now, but it's still aching a bit. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.
  • Posted

I had to have these injections but i was told that you couldn't take them for longer than 3 months.I found that i got a lot of pain in my right arm and that shortly after my first injection i had a period that frightened me such much as it was so heavy and i had never experienced anything like this before.My period stopped completely after my 2nd jab.I don't know how much my fibroids shrank but i had a TAH and BSO with no problems.

Good luck.

xxx

• Posted

Thanks for replying teresa. I had bleeding at first, but it stopped after I was prescrined tranexamic acid. My fibroids have shrunk quite a bit apparently, but I was rather shocked by the severity of the side effects of zoladex. However I guess it's worth doing.
  • Posted

Hi I was on Zoladex for 3 months was supposed to be 6. But the hot flushes were of the scale even HRT didn't work so I insisted they be stopped so hats of to you for handling 6 of em.hope you find a resolution.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying patricia. The hot flushes are really dreadful, but I've got used to them now. This sudden stomach pain had me worried, but it seems to have settled a bit now, so I'm hoping it won't recur too often! 
    • Posted

Hi I forgot to say that I also got pains In the stomach from Zoladex. Gynocologist said it was the womb contracting as it shrinks
    • Posted

Oh gosh, that makes so much sense to me now! Because the pain is similar to when one of my fibroids spontaneously necrotized and shrank considerably. Thank you so much for helping me join the dots!
  • Posted

Hi, l also had the sore in my joint and bones as well. It was scaring as l said but all pains vanished after regaining my period. I found it difficult to even go down while having my bath. I never thought l would be this fine now but l am. You will soon be fine. They are all side effects of the Zoladex. I was careful of what drugs to take care of those pains but obviously they were side effects and so l endured patiently to allow the Zoladex to finish work in my system. I drunk a lot of water knowing it will aid to flush the Zoladex in my system. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.