Zolmitriptan For Cluster Headaches.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been prescribed Zomig for cluster headaches, currently in my 4th week of my 1st episode. Got 6 tablets from my Dr who hasnt told me how to take them, the only clue I got was \"4 tablets maximum every 24 hours\" I had been taken Sumatriptan and don't know how long I have to leave between my last dose of Sumatriptan and my 1st dose of Zomig.

I'm hoping these tablets will work because the headaches I'm getting are so intense to the point where I had to go to A+E where they prescribed me Morphine which had no effect at all. I don't know how much longer I'm going to suffer these headaches as its my first episode but I do know I cant put up with much more. When I get a headache I get really hot, one pupil is bigger than the other and I sweat for England! I dont get any sleep, hardly anything to eat because the pain goes into my mouth, jaw and neck as well as the temples, ear and the eye (OUCH!)

Has anyone found a miracle drug to stop the attacks once they've started or even better, to prevent them? Would appreciate any response....

Vikki

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI have you tried a website called PATIENTSLIKEME it's very good site for people with like minded illness's
  • Posted

there is also another site called OUCH
  • Posted

HI Vicki

Have you tried Propranolol as a preventative measure?

See the forum notes

• Posted

Hi i suffer from really bad headaches and iv'e had headache for the past 3 years so i really know where you are coming from

I either listen to music through headphones or go for a walk as sometimes as the fresh air can help or if you can find something that can distract you from the headache ( if that ) is possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.