Zoloft 50mg Ativan 0.5

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety panic attacks since August 3 2016 I try doing everything natural tea supplements nothing work untill I when to see a psychiatrist they put me on Zoloft 25mg they just increase me. To 50mg I also take Ativan 0.5 when needed I don't get nausea that often just the day they increase my doze but I still don't feel like it's working I only am able to eat as much as I CA every morning is a mission to get up I feel so sick on it my doctor's said give it 4-6 weeks to work so I starded taken Zoloft on December 19/2016 am just taking it day by day praying to God that this is the medication

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jasmin, I will pray for you, too. 

Remember, this med will make you feel worse before it makes you feel better. I started back on it officially on Nov 29 and I am only starting to return to the land of the living, so hang in there. It will work, but just takes a bloody long time - each week feels like a lifetime when we're going thru this, let alone up to 6 week! Please go easy and be gentle on yourself in the meantime. I take my med in the morning and lately find I am very tired and lack motivation in the evening after I get home from work. I went to sleep last night at 8pm and I could hardly keep my eyes open in my bath earlier. Some folks also wake up more anxious, and my guess is that this has something to do with time you take your med, so you may want to explore that. Stay strong. 

Xx

• Posted

Yes i take my Zoloft 50mg and the Ativan at 8pm and when I wake up around 6:40 am my anxiety is up and am nervous all the time I have support from my mom dad husband but it's hard they don't understand the feeling of waking up and feeling worse in the morning I just hope all these nasty feeling go away am afraid but I am constantly attending church they have been praying for me and I also suffer from depression since I have been sick past 10/19/16

• Posted

Yeah, I put in a prayer request for my church to pray for me and I have the support of my family and husband, too, and of course, we got God. biggrin I wouldn't be here without God and I pray a lot when I go thru this. I am in my 40s, having lived with it all my life, can't even work up to attend church or leave the house at my worst. I asked God that if he heals me to my former self, I will be his servant and share whatever little I know about this illness to all sufferers like me. Hence my handle is GodsServant. 

My guess is that you are anxious in the morning because the Ativan wears off during the nite. You may try to break it up, take Zoloft in morning and Ativan at night, but check with your doctor. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, make your request known to God." (I am prolly misquoting it, but you get the idea.)

• Posted

Good morning Jasmin, another day on this with my wake up nausea and anxiety.  My husband is caring for me so well and I am still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe if I pray hard enough it might show a glimmer. I also cannot face attending my church just now, getting out of the house for a short time is so difficult. Motivation gone. I worry that when Imreport to my gp they will put this up again to 100, then 200 and i will still not feel better. Anyone out there comment on that?
    • Posted

Ann, I hear you. I love God and my church but at my worst I didn't go to service because literally I could not bring myself to leave the house. It took everything to work up motivation to take a shower some days.

At this time, pray and put all your faith in God. Let him carry your burdens. It will get better. God will give not give you more than you can handle. 

I started back on it on nov 19, now at 100mg, and it has worked for me every time I have gotten back on it. Glory be God. Keep the faith and be gentle with yourself. One day at a time.

Xx, Servant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.