Zoloft

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been on Zoloft for 9 days. I have no appetite which is a problem because I am already thin. Can anyone give? any advice to this. If anything I need to gain weight..not lost it...I don't know what to do...and I'm exhausted all the time. Helpppppp

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meka, having no appetite comes with anxiety and or depression, I think you will feel bad most people loose weight, I certainly did. The thing to do is eat little but often even if it's a slice of toast with jam on it. Make a sandwich and eat a little when you visit the kitchen. Make a fruit salad and have some with ice cream. 

Hot dogs are great as they are easy to eat. 

Just make sure you do eat even if you have no appetite for it.

• Posted

Does Sertraline by itself cause weight gain? Or is it the good feeling that makes one want to eat more!!!
  • Posted

Hi I was the same, I lost weight then when the Zoloft get into your system your appetite will come back. I lost it and put it back on again and a bit more. ??

But im a lot happier now,😀 so carnt have everything 

• Posted

Hi,

First tell your doctor.

Try drinking meal supplements like Boost.

Or shakes or smoothies.

I'm probably not much help, because everything I eat causes me to gain weight.

But, try to increase your calories and vitamin and nutrient input.

Good luck.

And God bless.

• Posted

I was the same when I started citalopram and lost about a stone (luckily I needed to). I told my partner and he would cook for me and then just keep encouraging me to eat more. I just had no desire to eat which is very unlike me so if he didn't push me I wouldn't have eaten at all. It does go after about three weeks and then the weight goes back on quick! Good idea about the protein/ supplement shakes ^^^

• Posted

Dont worry you have been on this only 9 days. It will take more than a month to be effective. So hang in there.
  • Posted

Dont worry you have been on this only 9 days. It will take more than a month to be effective. So hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.