Zoloft and dry 👄 mouth

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on Zoloft for three weeks. 50mg a day. I've had extreme dry mouth. Headaches and fatigue in the afternoon. Anyone else had this. I've asked to be taken off.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. 

Yes I was exactly the same. the side effects will go in time.

stick with them, I take mine for health Anxiety 

good luck 

• Posted

Hi. 

It took about 5-6 weeks for it to take full effect, but it does it gradually from I would say week 2-3 weeks to then Anxiety wise.

But It took took me a lot longer for the side effects to go, 

im only on a low dose because I'm very sensitive to taking medication.

The side effects I'm still getting is thinning head hair and itchy armpits.

But anxiety is under control, my gp said I should be on them for 6-12 months

but I don't want to go back to feeling how I was. 

Will cross that bridge when I come to it.

hope things settle down for you soon, side effects will go away and hopefully you can enjoy life again 

• Posted

predictive text. 😃

I would say week 2-3 for them anxiety wise. 

• Posted

I have just started taking zoloft a few weeks back and on 50mg a day. I have had dry mouth and nasty taste, headaches and fatigue  too. It'll subside eventually. My old antidepressant took a month to start to kick in

• Posted

I have had to serious reactions to depression and bipolar meds by causing a serotonin syndrome with me so be careful.
  • Posted

I had dry mouth for the first 4 weeks, mi e went away in week 5.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.