Zoloft causing Tinnitus?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been taking Zoloft 50mg for Anxiety Disorder for about 5 months now. The past months have been smooth sailing but lately I get loud rings after an hour of consuming the medication. This ring goes on forever until about 20+ hours where it would start to minimize but not completely fade away.

I must add that I also suffer from a kidney disorder. Few days back before the tinnitus started, I was pumping iron in the gym until I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen that crippled me for a solid 10 minutes. I'm unsure what it was..

Also... I had a horrible runny nose and fever just before this started..

Anyone experience this too?

I'm worried and the rings are annoying!

I really can't rule out what's causing these loud rings!

Hi, I've been taking Zoloft 50mg for Anxiety Disorder for about 5 months now. The past months have been smooth sailing but lately I get loud rings after an hour of consuming the medication. This ring goes on forever until about 20+ hours where it would start to minimize but not completely fade away.

I must add that I also suffer from a kidney disorder. Few days back before the tinnitus started, I was pumping iron in the gym until I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen that crippled me for a solid 10 minutes. I'm unsure what it was..

Also... I had a horrible runny nose and fever just before this started..

Anyone experience this too?

I'm worried and the rings are annoying!

I really can't rule out what's causing these loud rings!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Tinnitus has been one of the main side effect for me, a constant ringing all day and night. I'm in withdrawal from tapering off Sertraline, and I still suffer with it.

Jen

• Posted

I must know please ...I see that your post is 4months ago.

is the ringing in your head still there ? I’m suffering all day all night with ringing .

ive gone 2 weeks almost no drugs and the ringing is still there. Please let me know what happened now with you.  I have a small child and it’s so hard for me everyday. I want to honestly know what happened to you ? 

I don’t want false hope ...I just want an honest answer . 

please !

• Posted

Hi there,

There's good and bad news. The bad is that it's still there, but it is getting better. Very slowly, but over the last week there has been an improvement. The ringing is worse during moments of stress. 

It's like everything else, slow progress. I get times when it's really loud, but eventually settles. Worse at night.

Jen 

• Posted

Thankyou for the super fast reply ....one day when it’s gone ..please let me know ..so I can share in your joy .

mine started when I increased my dose from 25mg sertraline to 50mg.  Basically, only 7 pills ..the last 2 were 50 mg sertraline ... and that’s when it started.

ive been off sertraline only 10 days ..

what I hear is a constant loud somewhat high pitched tone ... 

The only thing that makes my life bearable with it is taking Xanax ..it makes it MUCH quieter ...but I can’t and will not keep taking that drug .

i have a psychiatrist I’m going to in a few days and see what they say .

this honestly is terrible .

please stay in touch! I will 2

• Posted

I promise, as soon as it clears up I will let you know. 

5 months in and I'm still taking the occasional lorazepam, but I refuse to go back to the SSRIs. 

Jen 

• Posted

Hi.. Please ..I’m also looking for answers ..I’m reaching out ..and I know this post is a few months old... I Really want to hear if your ringing has disappeared or stayed the same ..?  

I have a constant tone kinda high pitch ....I have high anxiety because of that ... I feel as if the ringing went away I would be 100% fine ..but that’s not the case .  I cry a lot and trying to care for a child ..my life is so hard .

please please share your update .please ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.