Zoloft how long and side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started Zoloft 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks 25 mg then one week 50 mg then 1 week 75 mg. I am now going to start 100mg. I don’t find any change. I started this for anxiety but not I am depressed. Is this normal. How long does this take. I have not appetite and sad all the time. Dr says I am in too low a dose and it will come eventually. How can an antidepressant make you depressed  need some encouragement 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You’re going faster than I did.  I think I waited a month before upping my dose. But you sound like you are handling well. 

I’m still trying to get to 100 after 4 months. I think I’m doing well with the 75.  It can take about 2-3 months for you to feel better. It’s a slow acting drug. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Talk to you doctor about this!!!! I was in the same boat. I was taking Zoloft for GAD and panic disorder, but it was making me sad and depressed (I was not depressed before to that extent). My doctor took me off and put me on Prozac
  • Posted

I'm week 8 in 150mg and most of the side effects have gone. I still have loss of appetite some days. Some days I'll also feel sleepy and unmotivated. I told my doctor this and he said it's to be expected.

Overall though I am feeling much better than I did 8 weeks ago. I'm happy with the odd couple of lingering side effects if it means I am not an anxious, depressed, angry mess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.