Zoloft lamictal wellbutrin not working anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

I will try to keep this short.  I’ve been on these for years.  Some generics don’t work.  Increasing Zoloft causes hair pulling (weird I know). Lately I am noticing that an hour or so after taking them I seem to be more depressed and have obsessive negative thinking/ worrying.  Nothing has changed in my life.  I’m not sure if something is finally pooping out after so many years (20 on the Z). WB and L about 10.  Should I be looking to try something different ?  Or maybe try taking at night instead of morning?  Any ideas?  Thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have been on your medications for twenty years.

You could try taking your medications about one hour before bed. However is you feel a return of negative thoughts it may be a chat with your GP may help.

Your Doctor needs to discuss your problems and consider if a change in medications will hel

BOB

• Posted

Thank you.  Since Wellbutrin is generally considered more of a stimulant, do you tho know should take that during the day?
  • Posted

Hello 2chr,

It's entirely possible that your medication dosage has 'pooped out' after that long. I have been on Paxil for over 25 years, since I was diagnosed with clinical depression at age 38. Recently, I've been through some family deaths and related legal issues and I noticed my medication was not handling this stress as well as it used to-my Psychiatrist upped the dose from 20 mg/day to 30 mg/day to handle this.

It seems to be working better now, the problems are manageable at any rate. You should talk to your Psychiatrist or GP and see if an adjustment is needed. Increased dosage or even a new medication. Worked for me.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Posted

Thanks Phil.  I will talk to my dr about all of this and see if he has any thoughts 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.