Zoloft + Lyrica for social anxiety/depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, after 5 years of suffering I finally had the access to the doctors to get my medication. I was prescribed Zoloft + Lyrica for my social anxiety/depression and was wondering if any of you guys has had any experience with one of them or both. but it would also be interesting to know your expereince with other medication as well, so i know this is the right route to go to, i have gone to counselling and it hasn't helped so i thought i should go through the medication route. 

Thank you 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lewis. Sertraline did nothing at all for me but that doesn't mean it won't for you. We all react differently.

However once I got up to the top dose of Pregablin (600mg) this has really helped me. To the point I can now manage to stay in my job. I still find work tremendously difficult but it is now actually possible. Which is a win to me! Hope these work for you.

• Posted

Oh sorry to hear that, I hope work gets better. The highest I had for pregablin wad 150mg so far... Didn't get any effect. These things work at higher doses really. 

The zoloft, not too sure. I've been having it for a week and for a couple of days i didn't feel anything. Today somereason my anxiety was alot less and I was a happier person, i was talking to people and everything. Hope this is not a phase or a placebo :S 

• Posted

Sorry I just realised that I reverted the drug names you gave to what they are know as to me. I Should have said Zoloft and Lyrica as you did to avoid confusion. Apologies.
  • Posted

That sounds great that you've been doing better today. Hopefully this is the start of things turning around for you!

I know what you mean about the placebo thing though. I'm worried and scared about what will happen when they start trying to take me off my meds

• Posted

I know, it's scary knowing that anxiety is waiting to take control of us again DX 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.