Zoloft making me feel EXTREMELY anxious and jittery, etc.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've read where this is a common side effect but how long does it last and is it anything I should be concerned about?  I feel like I just drank a whole pot of coffee!  I'm a very anxious person as it is so this side effect isn't exactly welcomed.  Any words of hope or wisdom out there?  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've only been on this new medication for 3 days.  Just FYI.
  • Posted

Hiya it can make u feel worse before it starts to make you feel better
  • Posted

Hi Futanical,

I've been on it for 4 days at 50mg. I feel exactly the same, anxious, really bad migraines, dizzy and now even fluey type of symptoms.

Everyone ive spoke to has told me that it takes a while for the tablets to level you out, but once they have they work really well.

I'm going to stick in there with them so I would advise doing the same!

• Posted

Hi Futanical

I think you should have your medication adjusted or changed may be the dose is too strong for you.

Side effects are just a reminder to us that one size does not fit all.

If you can find any natural way to suppress anxiety go for it. There are many out there. I am not saying that drugs ste not good but I stand firm saying that they don't necessarily work for everyone.

Stay strong

You can suppress anxiety

• Posted

Thanks for the comments. It's helpful to know I'm not alone.. I've been on 25mg since last Tuesday 4/28 and will increase to 50mg next Wednesday 5/13. Right now, I'm a nervous, jittery, mess. At first I didn't understand why I was feeling worse, even though I read about the side effects. It's comforting to read about the experiences of others. I just have to white knuckle it until I level off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.