Zoloft & Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone

I saw a psychologist this week and he wants to place me on 50mg Zoloft in the morning and I can take my 15mg Mirt in the night.

my mood,sleep has not been good for a while now and also to inform you have been on Mirt for 12 years now.

He wants me to start on Zoloft and after 2 weeks I can start withdrawing from Mirt.

Please any advice will be really appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi charles I am also on mirtazapine but 30 mg have been for 15 years. I started sertraline 8 days ago the side effects are tough in comparison with mirtazapine but my gp has asked me to try and bear with it . You might not find this as it could be the mix and higher dose of mirtazapine.

Best of luck keep me posted hope this combo works for us

• Posted

Hi Charles,

I was on 200mg Sertraline for 16 years symptom free and recently pooped out in Sep'18. GP added Mirtazipine as a combination and was allowed to race through dose increases from 15-45mg too soon. Take your time with either combination or phase in and phase outs. Slow and cautious changes deliver the best recovery times in my experience. Good Luck!

• Posted

way too activating and anxious. Have had to drop down through 30 and now on 22.5mg. Was on a wacking dose though combined with 200mg Sert. Especially for someone with GAD as opposed to severe depression

• Posted

I've read all these messages. Maybe it's about time a doctor had a look. I'm on same medication no better . Maybe If a doctor that gives a dam . Looks at these posts don't give tablets out when yous obviously don't know what the results are. Are they helping? Have a read.

• Posted

Hi Kal

Please what are the side effects you have?

• Posted

Bad headaches ,no appetite the worse one for me Charles is the insomnia and constipated but spoke to my gp monday she said keep with it as it all can pass and the first 2 weeks the worse..ps we are all different it may be a breeze for you

• Posted

Thanks Kal. I am seeing with my psychologist next week I will keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.