Zoloft Withdrawls?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can someone please give me some insight on the withdrawl symptoms I am currently going through. I had terrible anxiet about 6 months ago and was put on a small dosage of Zoloft only 25mg. Im quite paticular of what I put into my body and took my self off it cold turkey today is going on my second week and feel horrible. I see my doctor on monday. I have been using cognitive thinking in order to help with anxiety and it has been working. Physically I feel like my head is between two anvils, slight shakes and overall just feel like crap. I didnt think it would be this hard coming off such a low dose and only being on it for 6 months. Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer me anyother advice to get me through please! Thank YOU!!!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When it comes to medication always consult your doctor

But you are right 25mg is a very low dose I'm on 200mg

Lil

• Posted

Everyone is different, as you know, Lil. I was also on 200 mg but since Lindsay has had 25 mg for six months - you're absolutely right - always consult your doctor.
  • Posted

You shouldn't have come off cold turkey you should have weened off, your body is reacting because it was use to the meds now it has none that's why you get shakes and other weird feelings, don't take this the wrong way, but people that are addicted to drugs they can't come off them cold turkey as the side effects are so severe they have to ween off. Your body has stored 6 months worth of medication coming straight off it isn't a good idea, even if it is a low dose your body is use to it. They should start to subside soon but speak to your doctor and they will advise you on how to deal with it
    • Posted

I never thought of it like that. Your right my body has got used to it for 6 months now! Thank you for your feedback. This is my first time ever being on any medication so I never realized how dependant my body has become.
  • Posted

Dont play doctor with these pills! You can go off no doc will stop you but do it correctly!! Okay? Call and say im weaning off. Ask how. I was taken off meds by a doctor very fast over twenty two years ago, a low dose. they didnt know to wean people then and i  had a few seizures and ended up in the hospital. I made it im here but now they know better. so do not  play with this  stuff its not a good idea at all. You have to wean off. Please 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your input. I see my Dr on Monday and thought I was beinf a big baby because of the low dose amount.
  • Posted

Lindsay, you will get definite withdrawals even from 25mg zoloft. Going cold turkey is not a good idea. You need to go to your doctor and ask advice on how to come off the zoloft. I'm not surprised that you're feeling unwell.  I have been on zoloft myself and cut it down gradually, with my doctor's advice. GOOD LUCK!
    • Posted

I am feeling bad...but was thinking I was being a baby because of the low dose amount or it was something else totally different. I really needed to hear from others what to do. It has really helped getting the feedback and now I know the way Im going about it is not the right way.. hope my Dr can help on Monday 
  • Posted

I was on Zoloft for 2 years. Tapered down from 25 mg to 12.5 mg over the course of a month. When I stop taking them altogether it took about a week for me to feel the withdrawal. It was horrible. My brain was all over the place crazy anxiety I couldn't get out of the bathroom (flu like symptoms) it was so bad I went back on. I couldn't deal with the anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.