Zolpiclone

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone,

ive been taking zolpiclone for over 2 years - 5x a week at 7.5mg.

does anyone have any good taper advice? I have suffered from insomnia for 10 years however i am only 29 and dont want to be taking these for any longer.

thank you for your support

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Hi. Lisa my doctor advised me to do a really slow taper. Like drop down a quarter of one for a couple of weeks. Then drop half for another week or two, then a full one etc etc Then see how you're managing with that.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Molly! I am going to try that.

Did you manage to come off them?

• Edited

Hi Lisa,

I have been suffering from insomnia for over 30yrs. I have been on Zopiclone for 10 years. The best way to come off it is to wean off little by little. Cut your pill into quarters perhaps and wean off over 1-2 weeks or even months. You can do it. If i can do it so can you. Im 46 yrs old. Try to find the route of your insomnia and manage it.

Good luck

• Posted

thank you Mark! i hope so, im going to try and cut it down by a quarter tonight.

hopefully it will be a successful night for me.

thank you for your reply.

• Edited

Hi Lisa,

I would urge you to come off these asap. The anxiety I felt on these was horrific. I tapered off them by switching to clonazepam and it really helped. I also went onto Sertraline.

I would never ever touch Z again- I don't know what side effects you've had on them but I became addicted to them very quickly and became scared to sleep without them.

The only good thing about these drugs was I lost weight rapidly and got down to a size 8! But certainly not worth it!

Please message if you want to chat further- stay strong and you can fight this horrid drug!

• Edited

Please do not encourage someone to start taking clonazepam It is a nightmare to come off.

I was taking it for 18 months. Weaning off was the hardest thing I have even done. And the withdrawals during and post withdrawals were a nightmare.

A benzo is a benzo, and there is no low dose

• Edited

I agree. Dont forget to mention the sertaline though. Antidepressants are just as bad as a benzo. One becomes very dependent and tapering is a nightmare much like a benzo.

• Posted

thankyou everyone for your messages!

it makes me realise im not alone with this awful drug!!

• Posted

how are u going with taper. love to hear some success stories x

• Posted

Take the medication less often. Do also need to try supplements also, go to a health store and ask about options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.