Zombie Foot

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m itchy. It hurts. I thought the cast was uncomfortable- I think the boot is worse. I have what I call “zombie foot”. It looks like it will fall off at any moment. I’ve attached a pic. Anyone else have zombie foot? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh yeah!! Been there. Had two cast and still in a boot. 4 months now. Broke my ankle in two different places with two steel plates. When he took off the second cast off I got in the shower with a washcloth rub that off can the skin will be softened and then with scraper scrape your heel and your bottom of your feet. You got pain meds take some before you get in to the tub!!! Give it like a week or so and be back to normal!!! Yeah that picture look like my ankle when he took the splint out to put my first cast on but he took tape off and took the stitches out and then when he took the stitches out it's freaking hurt really really bad!!! Just take care of it!! Good luck

• Posted

Seeing that picture reminded me of my own foot.. i know exactly how you feel. Broken ankle with a plate and 3 screws. I can also tell you that it will definitely get better over time. I agree with jc as well using a washcloth to go over your scars. And when your skin begins to peel good luck.. i was picking at my foot all day but it will get better. The color the skin it will all return to normal with good care. Expect itching and pain but thats why you have meds. Everyone heals at different speeds and different pain tolerance. Its now been 3-4 months for me and im back to walking normal and almost running like before. Good luck to you i assure you it will get better over time!
  • Posted

14 weeks post-op, plate and 7 screws. I HATED the boot. I felt that it really put me behind when I was told to put weight on it. It was too big, awkward, and it really hurt with walking. I requested to change to the aircast and that worked so much better for me; it was a game changer! Something you may want to consider. Good luck with your recovery!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.