Zombie walking

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last week I had about 7 hours sleep in 3 days which is like 72 hours. I felt like the waking dead and my anxiety was worsened through lack of nodding. Last night I didn't sleep till 7am and tonight it's 2 and I'm still up. I can lay in bed and close my eyes for hours on end tossing and turning with no distractions but can't flipping sleep. Why is this happening!! It frustrates me and no matter how early I wake myself the next day so I "sleep that night" I still can't sleep so end up zombiefied. Apparently that's a thing

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

its like anxiety just keeps your brain on edge so you cant relax to go to sleep , cos your brain is just working over time when it really doesnt need to , then it almost becomes a cycle because the less you sleep the worse you feel. Maybe you could try night calms although i think they are just a placebo but your doctor might prescribe something to sleep if you explain how bad it is 
  • Posted

Like toni has said it sounds like anxiety, you could speak to your pharmacist and see what over the counter medication they suggest. If this doesn't work speak to your gp and see if they can help, they may prescribe you a anti depressant or sleeping tablet to help in the short term. Your gp may also suggest some sort of therapy. Another thing I can suggest is don't drink caffeine before bed and four hours before, make sure you have a dark room and if you can turn off technology phones/tablets/laptops etc.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

The best OTC medication for this is Melatonin....I know in the UK...it is a prescription.

I would ask the Dr. for this medication...it has changed my life....I was LIKE you....and I take it and sleep like a baby now.

• Posted

Omg yea Im same you are not alone here where now i am its 6:00am and still couldnt sleep
  • Posted

Are you in any medicatiins? If thats a yes look up and see if the side effect is insomnia. If you are on no medicine there are otc stuff to help. L theanine which is natural is at vitamin stores. Start with the lowest dose and see what works for you. They also have nyquil zzzzz and many others over the counter. If you drink caffienated soda, cofee or ice teas or regular teas stop.only decaffientated liquids. Make sure you are taking a vitamin D suppliment as mist are deficient in it and ita needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.