Zopiclone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can anyone tell me how they managed to get off a Zopiclone addiction. I take 7 tablets a day. Some times less but it's increasing. I am ready scared. Those who have been to doctors. What did they say? Taper off and how? I cannot afford to go and see a doctor at this point sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I sent you a detailed reply. Did you see it?
    • Posted

I will send this shortened version. Try taking your usual dose and the next day reduce to 6&1/2 . Alternate these 2 amounts for at least TWO WEEKS.

Then for two weeks stay at 6&1/2. The next week taper to 6&1/2 and 6 for 2 weeks. Follow this taper until you are finished. This will be a long process for you as you are taking so much. Good luck. Let us know how you are.

• Posted

Hi Glenda

​Have u got a tapering off regime for clobazam at all?

Many thanks

• Posted

Hi Claire - I think you know the answer to your own question. You absolutely must start tapering this medication. It's highly addictive & of course it will be a bit difficult at first but all hard choices are. I happen to have Zopiclone in my bedside drawer & once in a while I take half a pill. I am fully aware of the risks & never, ever abuse it. If you want to get your life back you must start tapering this drug now. I think it unlikely you can do this without help. Please seek out whatever free resources which might be available to you. The amount you are taking is already dangerous. Wishing you the best! Try seeking out Narcotics Anonymous , they may be able to help you. Good luck. Maureen

• Posted

Hi Clair,

It's ok. You can get off this drug but you need to feel in control and not anxious as this will make it even more difficult.

Oh need to believe in yourself and your strengths..you are tougher than you think even though it probably doesn't feel like it at the moment...the main thing is that you have realised you have a problem so now you need to believe you can beat it...lots of people have so you can too.

It will take a long time but we'll worth it when you get your life back..

Please google the ASHTONS MANUAL and download it...read it as may times as you need to get to terms with what to do...it will have a schedule to follow .

You need to focus on doing this to get off the drug...I found it very good and lots of people use it.

Are you on an Anti depressant as well ?

Dont panic...you can do this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.